Feb 08 2012
By: Suko Lombax Warrior 188 posts

PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset Issue

110 replies 4494 views Edited Feb 8, 2012

I am not sure if it is the new update that somehow changed it, but my PS3 headset is now playing my voice in the speakers. Everytime I talk, I can hear myself. Is anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 111 (4,494 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16183 posts

Re: PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset Issue

Feb 8, 2012

Its not a problem, its a much wanted update as you're not able to discern the volume of your voice because the headset blocks about 80% of exterior noise.

I posted a response on how you can fix your voice volume

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 2 of 111 (4,494 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Feb 8, 2012

@gR3yGh051

considering that there seems to be a sudden influx of posts that are complaining about this, I can be sure to say that THIS IS NOT A WANTED CHANGE!  In fact, I'm pretty sure that this is a mistake on SONY's part and the best we can do is wait for another update that will fix this.  And soon.  DICE finally just fixed their VOIP for BF3 and now this happens making it really annoying to play.

Also, I checked your so-called "fix"  IT DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM!

Message 3 of 111 (4,494 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
16183 posts

Feb 8, 2012

aradvanced wrote:

@gR3yGh051

considering that there seems to be a sudden influx of posts that are complaining about this, I can be sure to say that THIS IS NOT A WANTED CHANGE!  In fact, I'm pretty sure that this is a mistake on SONY's part and the best we can do is wait for another update that will fix this.  And soon.  DICE finally just fixed their VOIP for BF3 and now this happens making it really annoying to play.

Also, I checked your so-called "fix"  IT DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM!

I dont see how its unwanted..... so many people (more than those who now complain of the update) complained how they are unable to hear them selves clearly which results in them talking in much louder volumes

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 4 of 111 (4,494 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Feb 8, 2012

i was so tripping that my headset broke, but seriously, i dont want to hear myself when im playing, also there is static in the background as well. Is sony going to fix this?

Message 5 of 111 (4,494 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16183 posts

Feb 8, 2012

if you have static, then you need to adjust the volume or buy a USB extension dongle to rid the interference

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 6 of 111 (4,494 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Feb 8, 2012

that suks, the static only occured after the update, sooo. but they should have an option for this its not right that they dont give you an option. do you use a usb ext.?

Message 7 of 111 (4,494 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 8, 2012

Yes mate mine is the same! I got up this morn and put my ps3 on to play bf3 and it said new update which is 4.10 and i did so lol And after it was done went and played bf3 and all i could hear was my self in my own ears, no joke my friends the sound and me all in your ears at once lol and so when you talk to your mate u cant even hear any one walk around you! I was thinking my headset stop working and where playing up so i phone Game and told them when it start and he just told me to bring them back and get other pair our my money back!

Sony said in the add to these ear phones that you could hear foot pts and men walk around you now because of this dam update you can not hear any thing if you dont stop talking to your mates, which thats the point of the mic, fopr them to hear you and you hear them as well as hearing all the battle sounds! so what is sony doing here, The one thing that made these sale was that they make you play better in hearing all the sounds around you of the people your trying to kill, but now what our sony saying! Sorry lads we are going back on are add and now making you hear your self much better! If its not fixed in week our so i am bring my back to Game, mine only 1 half months old! And game said they change all things up tell the year, which is Good! Dam you Sony for making a good headset just to make them "****" So hurry up and fix it as i who paid  £89.99 FOR MINE DID NOT WANT TO HEAR MINE OWN VOICE SO PLEASE PUT IT BACK TO HOW THEY WHERE WHEN I GOT THEM AND PAID FOR THEM! GOT A WEEK TO FIX IT! ARE U CAN HAVE THEM BACK

Message 8 of 111 (4,494 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 8, 2012

This is Sony's Add and why i paid out the money i did to get them ( Down Below )

• The Official PS3™ Wireless Stereo Headset
  • 7.1 virtual surround sound* enables you to hear the enemy before they see you
  • Crystal clear conversations to strategize with teammates
  • Breathable oversized earpads allow for hours of comfortable gameplay
  • Stay informed with exclusive on-screen headset status updates**
  • Enjoy hi-fidelity sound while watching your favorite movie
  • Easily access headset Volume and Mic Mute controls
  • Retractable microphone for use only when you need it

With Sony Because many other have said out there, wee want to hear our voice lol and Sony has not tok into acount  each person who paid alot of money for theses for these. as a person who paid good money for mine earphones does not want to hear my own voice so please sony take it back off!! and leave them the way they where as they our a great set of earphones tell you made them "shit" our other words, made them not good at all,  u just cant enjoy the game now! oh Well may have to just go with Turtle Beach px5

Message 9 of 111 (4,494 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Feb 8, 2012

There's static because the mic is now outputting through the ear speakers.

Message 10 of 111 (4,494 Views)
0 Likes