Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Re: PS3 WIRED CONNECTION

Jul 16, 2009
Th elogin thing is your problem, Verizon Wireless requires a username and password to connect to the network when going online. your modem doesn't have that info stored into it to automatically do that for you.
Message 11 of 24 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: PS3 WIRED CONNECTION ( METHOD TO MAKE WIRED CONNECTIN WORK )

Feb 5, 2010
Umm well hi im Greg =) and i have been having this problem for months now, but if you haven't already tried it just simply retest to factory defaults and there you go your online.
Message 12 of 24 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 6, 2010

I have verizon DSL, and I keep running into a problem where my PS3 will connect, find the IP, and enable internet use, but wont connect to the PSN (it keeps timing out). So I can do everything on the internet, but nothing with the PSN.

Any solutions?

Message 13 of 24 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 15, 2010

I am using a huawei wireless modem and my ps3 is wired via Ethernet direct to modem states "The attempt to obtain an IP address timed out." worked fine 4 days ago. Tried to set up wire-less router which did not work went back to direct and it could not find IP. Also on windows7. Please help! ??? Hope details help

Message 14 of 24 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 21, 2010
i need help i been trying wired connection for my ps3 for a long time and when i put my ethernet cord into my ps3 it always say fail when i do dsn and i have a comcast modem rca by thomson
Message 15 of 24 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 23, 2010

but do i go under options and do that or what

Message 16 of 24 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 28, 2010

oK Wireless connections kinda suck they cause lagging in games in like MW2..So  heck  whats wrong with wired connection?  OK my household has 3 PS3 2 Laptops with wired connection. For some stupid reason only 1 ps3 enable to go online, cause i believe a overload in my router or modem, but heck my laptop enable to work tho thats why im on here: smileyhappy. The setup of  router and modem is connect to Old school computer,  (Montior&heavy box) maybe the problem?  I like the fact which u can manually enter ur settings in. I alomst got it  and then a error with dns occured.  If U have a laptop like myself  view ur local area connection select (detalis) theres a list  of  ur junk for online. if u see  ur IPV4 the same # even like this

222.231.100.101/22 231 100.1 u have the same problem as me the DNS.  Your Ip adress must be  different then ur IPV4 tho to enable succued on ur ps3. Only thing I don't get about it  is why is there 2 Dns Servers primary& secondary, like u only have 1 right.   The rest I'm doing auto if right

Any info or help hit me up ok guys,wireless sucks we  want wired to work

Message 17 of 24 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Aug 27, 2010

i have cable but it is the same principle for connecting wired directli to the modem. you connect the ps3 ethernet cable to the modem . then you have to reset the modem. there should be a little small push button on the back " use a tooth pic / pin" and push and hold the button for 10 seconds then release. all the light should flash twice the slowly start to all light up. once they are finished you can try your wired settings again.   when you are done you must follow the same steps to hook up your pc  back up to the modem.

Message 18 of 24 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Aug 27, 2010
the other option to resetting the modem is to unplug it and wait 10-15 seconds the you can connect either the ps3 or the pc.
Message 19 of 24 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 3, 2010

i have a cable internet modem and i had the same problem. in my case my modem comes with a backup battery whenever i decide to not use my router i simply plug my modem straight to my PS3 and press the reset button on my modem. wait until the modem cycles threw. WARNING this kinda messed up my routers connection when i tried to go back to using my router all you have to do is re setup your router if you have 1.  keep the PS3 on this whole time then i go to p3 internet settings do a manual wired connection and disable the upnp and give it a go it worked for me

Message 20 of 24 (152 Views)
0 Likes