Mar 03 2007
By: rattlesnake~ First Son 1 posts

PS3 WIRED CONNECTION

23 replies 1780 views Edited Mar 3, 2007
I want to do a wire connetion by  conecting my PS3 via ethernet cables directly to my modem...theres only 1 ethernet port on the modem so i took out the cable that goes to my PC and put in the PS3 one...I dunno if this is wrong but it not working for me..I did all the settings automatically but when I do the connection test it times out and fails..  I have  verizon High Speed Dsl

Any body that has Verizon Dsl and got PS3 running online?

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (1,780 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: PS3 WIRED CONNECTION

Mar 3, 2007
i dont but there is still lots of people who cant connect by wire. im forced to use my wireless that runs at only less than half speen(when in excellent) than by the wired connection.
DA MONA CC15

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (1,780 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 3, 2007
I use verizon fios. I was getting a "failed" error message on the internet connection test .... "ip address config timed out". Fixed it by manually changing PS3 to a static IP address. You need to manually input an ip address, net mask, router, and two DNS addresses into the PS3. Then you need to set up the PS3 on your router as a static address.

Message Edited by MJLO on 03-02-2007 11:10 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (1,780 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Mar 3, 2007
maybe you need a login name and password from your isp to log into the network
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (1,780 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 5, 2007
I am having the same problem, but my dsl is through my cable tv.  Have you had any luck yet with connecting through the ethernet.  I too only have one ethernet connection, on my modem, and took out the one from my pc and placed in my ps3.  And did everything automatic, but when I test it fails.  I need step by step help, if you got yours working now, please let me know.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (1,780 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Oct 5, 2007

2000watts wrote:
I am having the same problem, but my dsl is through my cable tv.  Have you had any luck yet with connecting through the ethernet.  I too only have one ethernet connection, on my modem, and took out the one from my pc and placed in my ps3.  And did everything automatic, but when I test it fails.  I need step by step help, if you got yours working now, please let me know.

I connect my PS3 via ethernet cable to the cable modem. I go from Cable modem to 4 port router then to a hub. I have no problems connecting, actully my brother in law comes over with his and we both are able to connect with no problems at the same time.  

If your  goingfrom  PS3 directly to cable modem, you may need to reboot cable modem after you connect the PS3, then power on the PS3 once the cable modem syncs up. I know on Comcast when I didn't have the router and use to switch between PC and PS2(at the time) I would have to reboot cable modem.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (1,780 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5903 posts

Oct 5, 2007
Some DSL ISPs provide a combo modem/router.  Go thru the setup for wired connection if you haven't already.  Details for doing so are here.  http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/connectwired.html
Once you've done that run the internet connection test located at xmb>Settings>Network Settings.  After the test your NAT should be a 1, not 2 or 3.
If the test failed try to power cycle the modem.  Turn the power off for a minute then turn it back on.  Not sure if this is necessary every time you switch the cable from PS3 to PC and back or not.  Don't see why it would but can't hurt if it's not working.

rattlesnake wrote:
I want to do a wire connetion by  conecting my PS3 via ethernet cables directly to my modem...theres only 1 ethernet port on the modem so i took out the cable that goes to my PC and put in the PS3 one...I dunno if this is wrong but it not working for me..I did all the settings automatically but when I do the connection test it times out and fails..  I have  verizon High Speed Dsl

Any body that has Verizon Dsl and got PS3 running online?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (1,780 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 29, 2008
I have the same problem when i try a wired connection with my ps3 it says (obtain isp failed).....this is frustrating!!!!....Ive tried entering in the Isp...etc...manually but i dont know all of them and the connection still doesnt succeed.....i dont have a router......i just want 2 connect.....so i can play lost planet.....please help.....
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (1,780 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2274 posts

Sep 10, 2008

digital soldja wrote:

2000watts wrote:

I connect my PS3 via ethernet cable to the cable modem. I go from Cable modem to 4 port router then to a hub. I have no problems connecting, actully my brother in law comes over with his and we both are able to connect with no problems at the same time.  

If your  goingfrom  PS3 directly to cable modem, you may need to reboot cable modem after you connect the PS3, then power on the PS3 once the cable modem syncs up. I know on Comcast when I didn't have the router and use to switch between PC and PS2(at the time) I would have to reboot cable modem.

YES this made mine work, try it for yours to!
Thanks
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (1,780 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 16, 2009

Mine 2

rattleesnake

Please use plain text.