Reply
Jun 26 2013
By: Knife-8 Splicer 35 posts
Offline

PS3/Vita Online Passes

9 replies 267 views Edited Jun 26, 2013

So now that PS+ is mandatory for online play for the PS 4, and there will not be any online passes for 1st party PS 4 games, does anyone else agree that Sony should remove online passes for used PS 3 and VIta games as well?   Surprisingly, EA has already done so, and they were voted as the worst company in America.   Or at least Sony could remove  the online passes for current PS + subscribers.  And who knows, maybe it would slightly boost PS+ membership prior to the release of the PS 4.  Tell me what you think.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 10 (267 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/24/2006
Offline
1122 posts
 

Re: PS3/Vita Online Passes

Jun 26, 2013

I recently got a PS Vita of CraigsList and i recieved Unit 13 with it. In the game i try to go online to play and it requires an online pass, so it directs me the PSN, once i get there there is no option to buy an online pass. How do i play this game online?

Message 2 of 10 (256 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 06/18/2013
Offline
35 posts
 

Re: PS3/Vita Online Passes

Jun 26, 2013

I tried going under the Store icon on The Vita home screen, clicked on the Vita Games Only option, Clicked on N-Z games, scrolled down to Unit 13, clicked on it and found the Online Pass for $9.99 there.  Try that and see if it works for you.  Good Luck.

Message 3 of 10 (221 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/08/2012
Online
2415 posts
 

Re: PS3/Vita Online Passes

Jun 28, 2013

Knife-8 wrote:

So now that PS+ is mandatory for online play for the PS 4, and there will not be any online passes for 1st party PS 4 games, does anyone else agree that Sony should remove online passes for used PS 3 and VIta games as well?   Surprisingly, EA has already done so, and they were voted as the worst company in America.   Or at least Sony could remove  the online passes for current PS + subscribers.  And who knows, maybe it would slightly boost PS+ membership prior to the release of the PS 4.  Tell me what you think.  Thanks.


I would appreciate it if they would remove all the online passes.  But it seems very unlikely unfortunately. online passes for vita games is the worse!

Message 4 of 10 (196 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/24/2006
Offline
1122 posts
 

Re: PS3/Vita Online Passes

Jun 28, 2013

Knife-8 wrote:

I tried going under the Store icon on The Vita home screen, clicked on the Vita Games Only option, Clicked on N-Z games, scrolled down to Unit 13, clicked on it and found the Online Pass for $9.99 there.  Try that and see if it works for you.  Good Luck.


It worked. Somehow i skipped over that earlier. Thanks

Message 5 of 10 (124 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 05/07/2009
Offline
2607 posts
 

Re: PS3/Vita Online Passes

Jun 28, 2013

Funny how you mention Unit 13. When I bought it from Amazon back in January when I redeemed the Online Pass it turns out online play isn't the only thing it had. Something must have been special about it or something, but not only had I gotten the Online Pass, but I also got the digital download for it. So now I have Unit 13 both physical and digital.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 6 of 10 (119 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/24/2006
Offline
1122 posts
 

Re: PS3/Vita Online Passes

Jun 28, 2013

Bulletpainpills wrote:

Funny how you mention Unit 13. When I bought it from Amazon back in January when I redeemed the Online Pass it turns out online play isn't the only thing it had. Something must have been special about it or something, but not only had I gotten the Online Pass, but I also got the digital download for it. So now I have Unit 13 both physical and digital.


Did the online pass code come in the physical game case? or was it loaded on to the game.

Message 7 of 10 (113 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 05/07/2009
Offline
2607 posts
 

Re: PS3/Vita Online Passes

Jun 28, 2013

LIQUID_PANDA wrote:

Bulletpainpills wrote:

Funny how you mention Unit 13. When I bought it from Amazon back in January when I redeemed the Online Pass it turns out online play isn't the only thing it had. Something must have been special about it or something, but not only had I gotten the Online Pass, but I also got the digital download for it. So now I have Unit 13 both physical and digital.


Did the online pass code come in the physical game case? or was it loaded on to the game.


It was in the physical game case, voucher and all. Nothing on the voucher said that it also has the full downloadable version.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 8 of 10 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 06/18/2013
Offline
35 posts
 

Re: PS3/Vita Online Passes

Jun 30, 2013

LIQUID_PANDA

 

Glad I could help.

Message 9 of 10 (81 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/24/2012
Offline
99 posts
 

Re: PS3/Vita Online Passes

Jul 22, 2013

SONY please discard Online Pass System on PS3 for 1st party games. This is annoying knowing that you told that no OP for PS4 games but you could start with something like this NO MORE ONLINE PASSES ON OUR 1ST PARTY GAMES ON PS3, PSVITA AND PS4! Is it so hard , knowing that you are PS+ member and still need to pay extra 10$ accessing MP on a old used game. I wish you announce on PS4 release day that you will discard OP for all your systems Old and New! Thank you.

Message 10 of 10 (49 Views)
Reply
0 Likes