Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 16 2012
By: ordinarious First Son 20 posts

PS3 Trophy Collection Problem

10 replies 138 views Edited Dec 16, 2012

Howcome, everytime I play my games completely offline they start going to 0%. I think i did find a solution but it's taking too long,  is there any way I could play my games without my trophies going 0% while offline and I did sync them back in when I'm online but when I get completely offline and start playing they go back to 0%. Please Help!!!

And can somebody please tell me the difference between Online mode and Oflline mode

Message 2 of 11 (138 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8451 posts

Re: PS3 Trophy Collection Problem

Dec 16, 2012

Online mode will show all of your trophies that have been synced with the servers, including those that have been earned on PSVita games.

Offline mode will show only the trophies that are earned and stored locally on your PS3.

When you play a game that supports trophies, and then go to look at your trophies, the server and your PS3 sync up that progress.  The progress bar starts at 0%, because it is verifying your entire trophy list with the server, not simply adding any new trophies you have added since the last time you synced.

As you earn more and more trophies, the syncing process will take a little longer, but it should never gets to a point where it will take more than a couple of minutes to sync (unless your internet connection is extremely slow).  I have almost 1600 trophies, and the syncing process takes a little over a minute.

Message 6 of 11 (131 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Dec 16, 2012
But that's where it all gets screw up cause I do sync them back in but when i go offline it starts playing and the get back to 0% and trust im at lvl 14 so you wil understand why im asking lol i did too much work to let them g to waste
Message 8 of 11 (129 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Re: PS3 Trophy Collection Problem!!!

Dec 16, 2012
All the trophies you earned were saved on the old HDD, online you can sync your older trophies with your current HDD, obviously, you can't do this offline, thats why your percentage goes to 0.
Message 1 of 11 (154 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Dec 16, 2012

so is there any way i could get them back to my new HDD? because syncing them ain't working what i doing now is going OFFLINE MODE and puting my games back in and it seems to be working but its taking long

Message 3 of 11 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
571 posts

Dec 16, 2012

ordinarious wrote:

so is there any way i could get them back to my new HDD? because syncing them ain't working what i doing now is going OFFLINE MODE and puting my games back in and it seems to be working but its taking long

Your first syncing after installing a new HDD can take up to an hour to do, depending on how many games you have.

Message 4 of 11 (144 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Dec 16, 2012
so just kee putting my games back in cause that seems to work im offline right now and all the games i put in are at there right pecentage is there another way a faster way?
Message 5 of 11 (142 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8451 posts

Dec 16, 2012

The only way to sync your trophies back to your HDD is to let the syncing process complete.  If you don't want to sit and wait for it, set your PS3 to sync your trophies when you are going to bed or when you will be out of the house for a couple of hours.

Once the trophies are synced from the server back to your PS3, future trophy syncs will generally take a minute or two.

Message 7 of 11 (140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Dec 16, 2012
i do but thts not even working it just go back to 0% when im offline right now im just installing my games back in and thats seems to be working but i dont want to be changing disc every second
Message 9 of 11 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Dec 17, 2012

I had this issue with my trophies vanishing on my old 80 gig mgs system?  I dont have internet nomore so will this happen to me on my slim system i play games on?

Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Message 10 of 11 (107 Views)
0 Likes