Uncharted Territory
1820 posts

Re: 4.40 update was painful

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

Even though I should have waited for the Update to apear on the Website... 

I like to know what exactly I am Installing, before I make my Updates, I usually refuse to Update until then... 

But tonight, I thought that maybe after my PS3 turned on, that it would tell me, and yet it did not... 

--------------------------------------

All I know is that the Day the PS3 gets Updated, to be ready for the PS4, I will most likely not acept that Update... 

And I really hope this Update was not that one... 

I will not allow my Games to be Registered with my Account, & PS3 System... 

The Moment I do that, is the moment I sell my PS3... @_@ 

Buying a Game for every Account on 1 PS3 & for every PS3 you own is rediculous... 

I just refuse to Support that Concept, ~_~ 

----------------------------------------

As for my Update 4.31... 

I noticed that the PS Vita Trophies were placed onto the PS3 now... 

Thats nice to know, but I can care less, I don't own a PS Vita, & dun care about their Trophies... 

So for me, that was once again a Very Useless Update, considering that other earlier Update, placed a BackUp Vita Program on my PS3, again very pointless, & waste of Space... ~_~ 

----------------------------------------

Anyways, i'd like to know what this Update was for, if anyone finds out, keep us Updated... !^_^!

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 21 of 36 (1,460 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Re: PS3 System Software update version 4.40

Mar 22, 2013

What the update has done to me is make my streamed music and video files on my hd tv stop about every 20 seconds for a couple of seconds. There isn't one it hasn't done happened to. I ran them on my laptop (win7), where they are stored on an external harddrive, and they work just fine there. I count on my PS3 to stream to the tv and they were working just fine before the update. Anyone else having this?

Message 22 of 36 (1,405 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
94 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Well, I have no sound now after the update.  I have one of the first 80 gb models and never had a problem with it or after any updates until 4.40.  HDMI hookup only, reset the video and sound settings for HDMI even though they were already selected and still no sound.  Restarted it a few times with the controller and holding the power button down.......nothing, no sound at all.  Any suggestions??  If not, I'll be calling tech support tomorrow.

Message 23 of 36 (1,395 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1820 posts

Mar 22, 2013

duv27 wrote:

Well, I have no sound now after the update.  I have one of the first 80 gb models and never had a problem with it or after any updates until 4.40.  HDMI hookup only, reset the video and sound settings for HDMI even though they were already selected and still no sound.  Restarted it a few times with the controller and holding the power button down.......nothing, no sound at all.  Any suggestions??  If not, I'll be calling tech support tomorrow.

I mostlikely have the same Model as you do... I can't Steam it from my TV, but I can certainly Stream it from my PC... 

I can try that, & see if mine has any issues... & let you know if i'm experiencing it as well... 

As far as i'm concerned though, my PS3 seems to be fine after this Update... I'll do a few Tests to see if there were any Problems... =D

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 24 of 36 (1,336 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Mar 22, 2013
I noticed that the new update fixed a small problem that made Skyrim lag a little bit on me. My Dead or Alive 5 also runs more smoothly. I didn't notice a difference in psasbr, but with that game getting its own 1gb+ update that made it so much more balanced and stable, I don't think that this update would have done a whole lot. After all is said and done, I think it had security fixes and stability enhancements. I didn't notice any other changes.
My PSN
Message 25 of 36 (1,316 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 22, 2013
Its else where on the net. I needed it to fix SOYN's F$$$k up onthe update install. Don't even bother with soyn tech support they are useless. I finally got help from another community of users. I had to take another HDD and format it fat32 put it in my PS3 enter recovery mode put the PUP file I got from the site they linked me to on a usb stick and choose system update. It read the stick then said hey you hdd need formatted so i let it then it installed teh update. after the update installed I swapped my hdd back in and let it complian about needing to be scanned and restored once that finished I was back up and fine. I repeat however that SOYN's TECH SUPPORT IS of no help at all. even with teh pup their instructions fail to cure the problem. Thank God for other communities out there (and you know who you are) that do know how this system works and how to Troubleshoot it and fix it without loosing your data or mailing in you machine. SONY YOU FAIL!!! big time.
Message 26 of 36 (944 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 22, 2013
You can try SONY Tech but they will be about as usefule as **bleep** on a bore hog. The update was h$LL on teh early modles I own 3 of them 2 a01 and 1 k01 units. All of these experienced issues. the A01 unit i updated first Crashed and BURNED doing the update and I spent over 1.5 hours on the phone with SONY. They didn't even direct me to recovery mode I had to suggest it. At that point they told me wait for the PUP file to appear on the web site to fix the issue. I went to another online community and they had the PUP already and I tried the instructions from SONY TECH and they failed with an error code saying to call SONY. I went back to the other users forum and posted my woes. In like 5 minutes i had a SKYPE witha fellow who walked me through the real fix for my machine. Luckily i had an extra HDD and he had me format it fat32 and swap it for my HDD in the PS3 the enter the recovery mode again and do a system update. The ps3 read the stick and then said your HDD needs formatted and I let it. It then installed the update and rebooted into the main screen. He had me power down and put my HDD back in and restart. The PS3 complained the disk needed scanned so I let it took about three minutes and then it reboot. After that I had to reactivate the console and all was fine. SONY needs to be as helpful as this other user community (YOU know who you are) THANX to Users who really know the hardware and help others out and care about your time and enjoyment. SONY learn something about your gear and your users before we all buy the next X-BOX because M$ has better support and stability. The Fellow walked me through a update of my other A01 and it went smoothly, he had me unplug everything but the HDMI and one controller (NO NETWORK) and it took about five minutes and I was fine plugged everything back in and good to go. The K01 didn't have a good time of it and it took about 30 minutes to do even with just one controller and the HDMI. The first firmware load attempt went south at 83% and the HDD swap trick had to be used again, but KUDOs to that masked user it worked like a charm.
Message 27 of 36 (943 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 22, 2013
I use Null River Media server I'll test your issue after work in a few hours. I'm certain the played with the USB drivers because post update my WD passport I used for backing up my stuff causes the PS3 to freeze as soon as it's plugged in. I'm going straight after work to buy a generic usb drive and some usb sticks so I can backup my stuff. I don't trust SONY at all.
Message 28 of 36 (940 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 22, 2013
I know after this latest dealing with SONY Tech support I WON'T buy a PS4. I have an ouya coming and I can't wait to play with it. Show SONY you care about your gaming life BUY SOMETHING ELSE.
Message 29 of 36 (939 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 22, 2013

I have been trying to download this for the last day and it keeps freezing during the download. I have no idea what to do. Ideas?

Message 30 of 36 (865 Views)
0 Likes