Treasure Hunter
4980 posts

Re: PS3 System Software update version 4.40

Mar 21, 2013

mixedkidbx wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

It is indeed mandatory. I'll see if I can't dig up any info on what it does; but thanks for starting the thread and making the community aware! 

i actually made the first post about it.  His thread just has more replies

Do you want a cookie?

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
220+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 11 of 36 (2,270 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9593 posts

Mar 21, 2013

semajmarc87 wrote:

mixedkidbx wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

It is indeed mandatory. I'll see if I can't dig up any info on what it does; but thanks for starting the thread and making the community aware! 

i actually made the first post about it.  His thread just has more replies

Do you want a cookie?

yes i do.  i'll take a box of girl scout cookies... the samohan kinda please Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 36 (2,065 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1012 posts

Mar 21, 2013
Message 13 of 36 (1,932 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 21, 2013
This is what wikipedia says about it:

System changesAdded support for the Sony RC-S380 (PaSoRi) NFC contactless IC cards readerSystem stability has been improved.Game ChangesIssues with some games have been fixed
Message 14 of 36 (1,528 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Mar 21, 2013

bronxsushi wrote:

I just got update 4.40. It did not say what it does. Nothing written about it online. I don't know if it is optional. But I just got it.

tumblr_m77rnneIY71rshv6bo1_r1_250.gif

I have PLUS, so my updates happen automatically overnight.  PLUS is GREAT for this, as it allows you to jump on your system and play, and not have to worry about downloading an update.

This being said, the Updates are mandatory.  Updates are necessary for any online integrated electronic device, in order to repair problems, introduce new options, and streamline the interface.  After all, HOME came through one of the Updates, and their are plenty of people that enjoy that.

Sometimes, you may notice, the Update may remove something people liked.  It is not a personal thing, but rather, part of the streamlining process.  While some functions and applications may have been useful to some, if the vast majority did not use them, then they go away.

Sorry, I know I am providing a little more information than was asked in the OP, but I felt it might help those looking to see why changed may or may not have been made with the Update.

I am sure we are still in for some Threads, saying the Update "Crashed" their system.  These are inevitable though.

Hope this helps.  I know some of the points have been addressed in the Thread already, but it never hurts to reaffirm information.

Wait, this is bronx's Thread....  I think you know most of this stuff already, so hopefully this helps others.

I dig the MTM pic BTW.Smiley Happy  We are going to make it, after all.Smiley Wink

Moble

Message 15 of 36 (1,512 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4113 posts

4.40 update was painful

Mar 21, 2013

I'll tell you all what it did to my older PS3. Update downloaded. Installed. Restarted. (this is normally how it works and all is good at this point, normally. Not last night.)

ALL the controllers flashed and wouldn't work, couldn't connect. Then one could connect with a usb cable for a few seconds then disconnected, they all acted "dead" and wouldn't even charge.

The bluetooth media remote acted like it's batteries were dead.

Managed to finally restart the PS3 again when one of the usb controllers decided to connect.

Wow! Great update! [note the sarcastic tone.]

All I wanted to do was to get Netflix going. It might have been a quick update, but it was difficult. That last restart was magical. My bluetooth media remote worked again and the controllers worked/charged. True story.

Message 16 of 36 (1,497 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Re: 4.40 update was painful

Mar 21, 2013

Just wondering:

When will update 4.40 will be available for D/L by computer/flashdrive?

Message 17 of 36 (1,471 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Y'know, I tried playing Dead or Alive 5 last night, and the system told me I had to update to go online. Also, in the middle of House of teh Dead Overkill, the game just paused. I could move, but it stopped sending zombies at me. It was frustrating because I was trying to record content for a review. 

Get your Portable ID!
PS Reviews, Cheats, and More....
http://www.youtube.com/user/moralgamer

If you have to resort to demagaugery or personal attacks, you have already lost the argument.
Message 18 of 36 (1,399 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Mar 21, 2013

yeah it's still shows 4.31..i chatted with the support person on this site..and she told me to keep on checking back..and that it should be up by today..

Message 19 of 36 (1,136 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 22, 2013

I second that question.  Where do you find the download for this patch to save to the thumb drive?

Message 20 of 36 (1,035 Views)
0 Likes