Fender Bender
3209 posts

Re: PS3 System Software Update 4.41

Apr 26, 2013
I say your best option is to leave it on and hope & preys it goes to 100% installed. Even if it take a day or 2. Better this way then spend the $99 to have it fixed. Not sure what the hang is cause from but leaving the system on and letting it take its time would be worth it to me. I have had at one time my system stuck at 99% but only for like 10 mins.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 31 of 41 (1,032 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Apr 27, 2013
sound like a scam to me...
their idea:
1.- make a new MANDATORY update...
2.- make it so it bricks the users PS3
3.- they call us for help. deny the update did it
4.- tell them it needs repairs for a fee $$$...
5.- MOAR money for $ONY!!!
Message 32 of 41 (971 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Apr 27, 2013

VictorManX wrote:
sound like a scam to me...
their idea:
1.- make a new MANDATORY update...
2.- make it so it bricks the users PS3
3.- they call us for help. deny the update did it
4.- tell them it needs repairs for a fee $$$...
5.- MOAR money for $ONY!!!

Well, the cat's out of the bag now!!

Better watch out! If ya see any big black SUV's headed your way, Run...  FAST! Smiley Very Happy

Message 33 of 41 (947 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
26 posts

Apr 27, 2013

Im so tired of updates that dont do jack for me. At least back when PSP was getting updates theyd throw in a cool bone every once in a while. Hell my PS3 has been unplugged for a week (longest thats happened since it was sitting in a store) since I got a new phone, cant say Ive missed it. At least the phone has HBO GO and SHO.

Message 34 of 41 (925 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 27, 2013

I have two ps3.This 4.41 update is defective.Both systems stalled at 99%.Then when I was able to complete that update I tried to play God Mode which needed to update and stalled at 75%.On my other system Dead Island Riptide stalled at 75%.Both ps3 systems are bugged out since update4.41!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 35 of 41 (922 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 2, 2013

I had the same problem, and I got it fixed. Here's what I did.

I bought another cheap hard drive off ebay, and a flash drive. I changed out the hard drive that was in it with the ebay one,  and downloaded the update onto the flash drive from online, and put the drive into the playstation. And when I started the playstation up it told me how to download the update from the flash drive.

After it downloaded it started up and had me set up the playstation like you do when you first get it.

After all that was done. I put the old hard drive back in, and the flash drive. Instead of just going to the install screen, like it did before, it let me download the update from the flash drive. So, now I still have all of my saved data from my original hard drive, and I didn't have to send those **bleep** $100 and be with out my playstation for god knows how long.

(keep in mind, I am pretty technologically illilerate, so there is probably an easier way to do all this, but this is what worked for me. I had no idea if it would work, but really happy that it did. Good luck, hope it works for you.)

Message 36 of 41 (780 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

May 2, 2013

I had the same problem, and I got it fixed. Here's what I did.

I bought another cheap hard drive off ebay, and a flash drive. I changed out the hard drive that was in it with the ebay one,  and downloaded the update onto the flash drive from online, and put the drive into the playstation. And when I started the playstation up it told me how to download the update from the flash drive.

After it downloaded it started up and had me set up the playstation like you do when you first get it.

After all that was done. I put the old hard drive back in, and the flash drive. Instead of just going to the install screen, like it did before, it let me download the update from the flash drive. So, now I still have all of my saved data from my original hard drive, and I didn't have to send those **bleep** $100 and be with out my playstation for god knows how long.

(keep in mind, I am pretty technologically illilerate, so there is probably an easier way to do all this, but this is what worked for me. I had no idea if it would work, but really happy that it did. Good luck, hope it works for you.)

Message 37 of 41 (779 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 15, 2013

Message 38 of 41 (615 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 15, 2013
this 4.41 update is trash it causes my system to freeze every now and then.....sony can b so useless for a console dat cost so much it is BIG TRASH
Message 39 of 41 (613 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

May 23, 2013

You would think that sony would take responsibility for this. I mean, we're loosing our systems all because of a feature in the store. I'm having the same problem; I'm getting ready for school now, Imma see what happens when I come back....

...But if Sony is reading this; their update is pretty bugged for most users, that's apparent. But what astounds me is that these guys still want to get money from us! Can't you see we need help? We don't want to pay you and have you send back a broken PS3 (Which has happened to most users recently) Find a way to patch this! A BETTER way! Besides, if we wanted to pay over $100, we'd just buy a new PS3.

Message 40 of 41 (534 Views)
0 Likes