Dec 01 2012
By: UAE_Gamer999 First Son 2 posts

PS3 Super Slim, please help

3 replies 216 views Edited Dec 1, 2012

i bought it i was just wondering if i pressed the eject button while the game is inside while the PS3 is ON, will it affect the disc? because when i was the in XMB menu and pressed eject, i saw the disc still moving and suddenly it stopped is that ok and normal? or should i close the PS3 everytime i want to change a game?? reply please Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4 (216 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28972 posts

Re: PS3 Super Slim, please help

Dec 1, 2012

You do it once, probably no harm will be done. The real issue is if the game is saving or not, then you risk corrupting the data. You should always quit out of a game before you eject it. 

Message 2 of 4 (213 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Ok i always press on quit game and it takes be back to th...

Dec 2, 2012

Ok i always press on quit game and it takes be back to the main menu of the PS3, after that when i press the triangle button there is no "remove disc" or "eject disc" or something like that, that option is not there in the "Super Slim PS3" ,, so what I do is ,, i just press on the eject button that is on the console, and it just opens the cover and i see the CD spinning then stops after like 1 second,, that is the issue that worried me , so i was wondering is that normal, or should i turn off the console fully everytime i want to play another game? hope u got what i mean't now 

Message 3 of 4 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
7074 posts

Re: Ok i always press on quit game and it takes be back to th...

Dec 2, 2012

As long as it is not reading the disc/writing to the HDD I don't think it's a problem.  Personally I wait until it's not spinning to eject a disc, but I think as long as you're out of the game it should be fine.

Message 4 of 4 (180 Views)
0 Likes