Reply
First Son
Registered: 09/04/2012
Offline
28 posts
 

Re: PS3 Super Slim Rumors and Speculation

Sep 4, 2012

Wow thanks for the replies guys =). The question for me is if I should wait it out to buy it to replace my YLOD'd PS3 (ruined by a "repairman"), I'm excited for the 16GB version because I want to add a 100 dollar terabyte drive to future proof it

Message 11 of 147 (231 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Offline
6871 posts
 

Re: PS3 Super Slim Rumors and Speculation

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2012

TechGenius20 wrote:

Wow thanks for the replies guys =). The question for me is if I should wait it out to buy it to replace my YLOD'd PS3 (ruined by a "repairman"), I'm excited for the 16GB version because I want to add a 100 dollar terabyte drive to future proof it


 what it going to come with is pure speculation and can change at any time... I  dont think  they will  make it with a hdd port.  it defeats the purpose of  flash support. My opinion

 

 the 16gb  is for player's on the go.. its not enough space to  enjoy many games unless someone is  psn mini   die hard buyer... this is why  the 20 and 40 gb was pulled  back. It  had lack of  space was  not cost effective to the buyer..  It had guttted features. If they make a  16 gb   they will gutt it more out of features.. becuase the more you  pay  the more you get,  the less you pay the less you  get.

 

Same for a car  you want fully equipped  you pay more. you want standard  you pay less

 

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 12 of 147 (227 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Offline
6871 posts
 

Re: PS3 Super Slim Rumors and Speculation

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

The new PS3 4000 "superslims" are going to come with 3 storage options, 16GB, 160GB, and 500GB. It is speculated that the 16GB version uses flash memory instead of a HDD, and should be price competitvely to the $199 4GB X360...

 

ps3-novo-documento.jpg



 Well that pure speculations. and  might  will change at any time..  I feel personally  sony dont need a 16gb   that is same at the 20&40 gb  issues they released with not enough space for  gamer and  to expensive to make.

 

 they should revise   the 60 gb fat and make that a slim 60gb that  would be a better thought for the gamer on the go(causal gamer).. put that at the price point of 199$.

 

 All the  casual gamer thinking is out of control, they should understand the gamer does want some kind of mass gaming storage, they do own  games. I think the  500gb is the step in the right direction. But i dont think its nessary  right now to be trying make new consoles with all the closing, and etc.

 

16gb of  memory  is not memeory it really waste of time to be with debuting that. why not take the 60gb and revise it. make it flash and  new slim. Thats a  win-win. i dont know if it would cost effective but it  at same it would  be very effective to the gamer onthe go,  they would spend more , becuase they have space to  do that.. i think they gambling on cloud sales from the gamer.. The need to look athe reality and  look at the common  issues that be.

 

off topic /.. i really dont agree with a flash  memory ,  it just leads to hack and   issues..

 .


It isn't speculation, since Sony filed this information at a federal agency, and is now a public record.

 

IMO 16GB is plenty of space to get started with a few game, if you are brand new to the PS3. What I like about it is that one can buy the 16GB unit and then add in whatever size hard drive they want from the start, instead of buying a system and immediately upgrading the hard drive....


 a arrest detaining photo is on public record for all to see inthe newspaper too but it doesnt mean you committed a crime.. It saying  this what the deal is with this, it doesnt mean its all said and done  , things can change at any time..   So its all speculation.

 

 16 gb is notenough   to enjoy  gaming.. these forums are going flood  with that . watch  what i tell you.. Who wants  to  pay 150$ then turn around  drop anothr 80-200 for a out hdd..  Its  not going to happen..  Trust me, some may do that , but the majority arenot going to do that.

 

  ANd if they  do,,   it  will void the warranty to fix..


 

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 13 of 147 (225 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 09/27/2007
Offline
30 posts
 

Re: PS3 Super Slim Rumors and Speculation

Sep 4, 2012

Sure, things can change. The release date of this new, slimmer PS3 for instance has shifted because of remaining stocks of the current PS3. But SCE did not invest a couple of million dollars into a product only to shelve it. It's not a question IF this new SKU will come but only WHEN.

 

For more 'pure speculation' see http://www.ps3ultraslim.com/

 

Message 14 of 147 (219 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Offline
6871 posts
 

Re: PS3 Super Slim Rumors and Speculation

Sep 4, 2012

Yuri_2097 wrote:

Sure, things can change. The release date of this new, slimmer PS3 for instance has shifted because of remaining stocks of the current PS3. But SCE did not invest a couple of million dollars into a product only to shelve it. It's not a question IF this new SKU will come but only WHEN.

 

For more 'pure speculation' see http://www.ps3ultraslim.com/

 



 agn its still speculation.. they can cancel the whole  project, it has happend before with other companies and happen  every day is buisness.. So we the answer is "correct" of when.. but they have to understand they will have ride this one out  for about 6-7 yrs or more. a 16gb  is not going to able to do that for  gamers .

 

 All im saying keep a open mind it may happen and may it not happen.. We a will all see in due time i suppose

 

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 15 of 147 (215 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: PS3 Super Slim Rumors and Speculation

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Yuri_2097 wrote:

Sure, things can change. The release date of this new, slimmer PS3 for instance has shifted because of remaining stocks of the current PS3. But SCE did not invest a couple of million dollars into a product only to shelve it. It's not a question IF this new SKU will come but only WHEN.

 

For more 'pure speculation' see http://www.ps3ultraslim.com/

 



 agn its still speculation.. they can cancel the whole  project, it has happend before with other companies and happen  every day is buisness.. So we the answer is "correct" of when.. but they have to understand they will have ride this one out  for about 6-7 yrs or more. a 16gb  is not going to able to do that for  gamers .

 

 All im saying keep a open mind it may happen and may it not happen.. We a will all see in due time i suppose

 


Yes they can cancel this new PS3, just as much as Apple can cancel the new iPhone 5 if they want. It is all possible, but not probable IMO. Most likely this new system is currently in production as I write this.

 

For people into gaming 16GB isn't enough space, but for someone just playing a few games such as COD or Madden 16GB is fine. Like I said before the 16GB system is fine for casual players or those who may want to immediately put in a 1TB HDD...

Message 16 of 147 (211 Views)
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16939 posts
 

Re: PS3 Super Slim Rumors and Speculation

Sep 5, 2012

16Gb is plenty of space for the casual gamer....

 

OR

 

For people who are going to upgrade the hdd immediately.

Such as myself. Once it releases, I'll have a 1TB HDD ready to be installed, possibly the 500Gb SSD out of my NAS server

Furiously Chaosing
Message 17 of 147 (206 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 09/04/2012
Offline
28 posts
 

Re: PS3 Super Slim Rumors and Speculation

Sep 5, 2012

Xbox 360 4gb supports upgradable HDD, if Sony were to remove that, it would lose its edge and wouldnt be worth it, but that isn't to say that youre wrong by saying it can change at any time, which is true

Message 18 of 147 (202 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 09/04/2012
Offline
28 posts
 

Re: PS3 Super Slim Rumors and Speculation

Sep 5, 2012
If it has 16gb wouldnt it be a better deal for people who will upgrade hdds anyways? Just like people do with 360's for the extra 70 gigs it offers on the standard model
Message 19 of 147 (201 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Offline
6871 posts
 

Re: PS3 Super Slim Rumors and Speculation

Sep 5, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Yuri_2097 wrote:

Sure, things can change. The release date of this new, slimmer PS3 for instance has shifted because of remaining stocks of the current PS3. But SCE did not invest a couple of million dollars into a product only to shelve it. It's not a question IF this new SKU will come but only WHEN.

 

For more 'pure speculation' see http://www.ps3ultraslim.com/

 



 agn its still speculation.. they can cancel the whole  project, it has happend before with other companies and happen  every day is buisness.. So we the answer is "correct" of when.. but they have to understand they will have ride this one out  for about 6-7 yrs or more. a 16gb  is not going to able to do that for  gamers .

 

 All im saying keep a open mind it may happen and may it not happen.. We a will all see in due time i suppose

 


Yes they can cancel this new PS3, just as much as Apple can cancel the new iPhone 5 if they want. It is all possible, but not probable IMO. Most likely this new system is currently in production as I write this.

 

For people into gaming 16GB isn't enough space, but for someone just playing a few games such as COD or Madden 16GB is fine. Like I said before the 16GB system is fine for casual players or those who may want to immediately put in a 1TB HDD...



Mass effect is about 12 gb,   gow 3  is about 20  gb..  yes it for 1 game only and  thats about all, ps home is about 4-8 gb load in the hdd...  also look at what it say it  say solid  16gb flash, meaning  to me it wont hve  any hdd drive.. it will  just be flash. you cant say  you can put in a 1tb becuase you dont know the specfics  of  the 16 gb console neither do i. Ita good console,  If a  gamer is nothing  but a  psn mini hard core buyers. if that is the case then  hey  16gb is enough to last a life time Smiley Happy   but the facts are the previous owner's  buy the  console at a cheaper price and trade in the older console to attain games to play on the new console..   So agn it lead to  having gamers buy  cloud  or deleting all data from the hard drive.. er hmm flashh to play another game of choice.

 

 But it all assumption right now.. we will all  have to see  what happens

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 20 of 147 (192 Views)
Reply
0 Likes