Big Daddy
16824 posts

Re: PS3 Super Slim Rumors and Speculation

Sep 5, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Yuri_2097 wrote:

Sure, things can change. The release date of this new, slimmer PS3 for instance has shifted because of remaining stocks of the current PS3. But SCE did not invest a couple of million dollars into a product only to shelve it. It's not a question IF this new SKU will come but only WHEN.

For more 'pure speculation' see http://www.ps3ultraslim.com/

agn its still speculation.. they can cancel the whole  project, it has happend before with other companies and happen  every day is buisness.. So we the answer is "correct" of when.. but they have to understand they will have ride this one out  for about 6-7 yrs or more. a 16gb  is not going to able to do that for  gamers .

All im saying keep a open mind it may happen and may it not happen.. We a will all see in due time i suppose

Yes they can cancel this new PS3, just as much as Apple can cancel the new iPhone 5 if they want. It is all possible, but not probable IMO. Most likely this new system is currently in production as I write this.

For people into gaming 16GB isn't enough space, but for someone just playing a few games such as COD or Madden 16GB is fine. Like I said before the 16GB system is fine for casual players or those who may want to immediately put in a 1TB HDD...

Mass effect is about 12 gb,   gow 3  is about 20  gb..  yes it for 1 game only and  thats about all, ps home is about 4-8 gb load in the hdd...  also look at what it say it  say solid  16gb flash, meaning  to me it wont hve  any hdd drive.. it will  just be flash. you cant say  you can put in a 1tb becuase you dont know the specfics  of  the 16 gb console neither do i. Ita good console,  If a  gamer is nothing  but a  psn mini hard core buyers. if that is the case then  hey  16gb is enough to last a life time Smiley Happy   but the facts are the previous owner's  buy the  console at a cheaper price and trade in the older console to attain games to play on the new console..   So agn it lead to  having gamers buy  cloud  or deleting all data from the hard drive.. er hmm flashh to play another game of choice.

But it all assumption right now.. we will all  have to see  what happens

You fail to understand the part where the other SKU's had much larger hdds.....

The PS3 hardware is built with uniform specs across all of its hardware revisions. Its not going to change from using a SATA 1 to a SATA 3 hdd spec just because its a redesigned console, or to use larger RAM or have support for SSD's

The purpose of a "Super Slim" model is the ever shrinking die size of microprocessors with its ever decreasing power consumption and resulting in lower operating temperatures, and the use of a traditional slimline optical drive bay instead of an electronic/mechanical slot loading drive. 

All these changes in the overall hardware configuration means they can reduce production costs and increase productivity as the entire console can be created using one large PCB instead of many pcbs and using different ribbon cables and connectors. Less time trying to piece something together equates to faster production and assembly which equates to savings being handed down to the consumer. 

Why would Sony risk alienating its entire consumer base by changing KNOWN features of the console by removing the ability to upgrade hdds using industry standard drives, when it has been the best thing about consoles this generation. Especially with the allure that you can have whatever capacity your budget can allow?

Obviously when Sony first made the slim, the only that changed was its physical size and shape, and it still is able to use the SAME hdd's that the old fat PS3's have been using... the same 9.5mm height requirement and 2.5" industry standard for a portable hdd.
So you CAN say, you can put in a 1TB drive, because the hdd spec is going to be the exact same. 

Thats the part you fail to realize...... IT WILL BE UPGRADABLE.... 

Look at the 4Gb X360S..... just because it only has 4Gb of storage, it still has the same hardware spec as the higher tiered models. it just lacks a hdd. Which anyone can buy for a few bucks more.
I bought a 4Gb X360S and then upgraded it to 320Gb.
Why? Because it still has the same hdd bay every other X360S has and it even uses the same interface connection the older generation X360 has.

Its bad business to make these sort of major changes.

Just because the 16Gb model is FLASH and doesnt actually have a hdd inserted, doesnt mean that you wont be able to upgrade it..... thats just backwards thinking on your part.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 21 of 147 (982 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6825 posts

Sep 5, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Yuri_2097 wrote:

Sure, things can change. The release date of this new, slimmer PS3 for instance has shifted because of remaining stocks of the current PS3. But SCE did not invest a couple of million dollars into a product only to shelve it. It's not a question IF this new SKU will come but only WHEN.

agn its still speculation.. they can cancel the whole  project, it has happend before with other companies and happen  every day is buisness.. So we the answer is "correct" of when.. but they have to understand they will have ride this one out  for about 6-7 yrs or more. a 16gb  is not going to able to do that for  gamers .

All im saying keep a open mind it may happen and may it not happen.. We a will all see in due time i suppose

Yes they can cancel this new PS3, just as much as Apple can cancel the new iPhone 5 if they want. It is all possible, but not probable IMO. Most likely this new system is currently in production as I write this.

For people into gaming 16GB isn't enough space, but for someone just playing a few games such as COD or Madden 16GB is fine. Like I said before the 16GB system is fine for casual players or those who may want to immediately put in a 1TB HDD...

Mass effect is about 12 gb,   gow 3  is about 20  gb..  yes it for 1 game only and  thats about all, ps home is about 4-8 gb load in the hdd...  also look at what it say it  say solid  16gb flash, meaning  to me it wont hve  any hdd drive.. it will  just be flash. you cant say  you can put in a 1tb becuase you dont know the specfics  of  the 16 gb console neither do i. Ita good console,  If a  gamer is nothing  but a  psn mini hard core buyers. if that is the case then  hey  16gb is enough to last a life time Smiley Happy   but the facts are the previous owner's  buy the  console at a cheaper price and trade in the older console to attain games to play on the new console..   So agn it lead to  having gamers buy  cloud  or deleting all data from the hard drive.. er hmm flashh to play another game of choice.

The PS3 hardware is built with uniform specs across all of its hardware revisions. Its not going to change from using a SATA 1 to a SATA 3 hdd spec just because its a redesigned console, or to use larger RAM or have support for SSD's

The purpose of a "Super Slim" model is the ever shrinking die size of microprocessors with its ever decreasing power consumption and resulting in lower operating temperatures, and the use of a traditional slimline optical drive bay instead of an electronic/mechanical slot loading drive. 

All these changes in the overall hardware configuration means they can reduce production costs and increase productivity as the entire console can be created using one large PCB instead of many pcbs and using different ribbon cables and connectors. Less time trying to piece something together equates to faster production and assembly which equates to savings being handed down to the consumer. 

Why would Sony risk alienating its entire consumer base by changing KNOWN features of the console by removing the ability to upgrade hdds using industry standard drives, when it has been the best thing about consoles this generation. Especially with the allure that you can have whatever capacity your budget can allow?

Obviously when Sony first made the slim, the only that changed was its physical size and shape, and it still is able to use the SAME hdd's that the old fat PS3's have been using... the same 9.5mm height requirement and 2.5" industry standard for a portable hdd.
So you CAN say, you can put in a 1TB drive, because the hdd spec is going to be the exact same. 

Look at the 4Gb X360S..... just because it only has 4Gb of storage, it still has the same hardware spec as the higher tiered models. it just lacks a hdd. Which anyone can buy for a few bucks more.
Why? Because it still has the same hdd bay every other X360S has and it even uses the same interface connection the older generation X360 has.

Just because the 16Gb model is FLASH and doesnt actually have a hdd inserted, doesnt mean that you wont be able to upgrade it..... thats just backwards thinking on your part.

bro there a  different types a ssd's which one are they using  no one knows at this point.. to  sit here and assume it going to have a hdd  slot is foollish,, the two are  not the same thing. they  rival each other. please look up what  ssd is and a hdd is..

No is talking about 360. To compare  what sony is doing to  what xbox is doing is bad karma and not logical..   Before we start saying it will   be upgradeable becuase xbox  has one that almost  the same is  foolish..  is  psn  xmb the same as xbox live..No let  be patient and wait and see before we say..

Companies change things all the time.  Its up to the consumer  and share holders to decide if its bad buisness.. To  change things dont mean it bad buisness. cod 2 is the same  3-4   and them  games they be making..

We have to find what of kind sdd  we are dealing with  before the assumptionsn start.. That what i said,  so please dnt put words   in my mouth that i dont understand .. just becuase i dont say  that  dont mean i dont know.. I fully know the issue.. of what ssd is  and hdd and all the jazz. I know ther diffrent ones. some cant be taken out some can .

. Go read my statement  of  before.. My opinon 16 gb is not enough storage is  true to me and  no one  want  upgrade the  console and void the warrenty to fix it when something happens.    trust me this  is  going be on the fourms in full effect    

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 22 of 147 (980 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 5, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Yuri_2097 wrote:

GOW 3 requires 5MB of space on the HDD (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/PopBackofbox.aspx?Product_ID=1499), Mass Effect 2 requires 5.3GB (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/PopBackofbox.aspx?Product_ID=83995). I think you are talking about the size of the game on the Blu-Ray instead of the HDD space required to run the game.  I went through my PS3 library and the HDD storage requirement ran from 5MB to 5GB, so depending on what games one chooses I still maintain that 16GB is plenty of space for playing several games on the PS3.

Yes I am speculating that the 16GB is flash memory and not a HDD, and this model is expandable so one can use a larger HDD. I believe that this unit will be similar to the X360 4GB model, which has flash storage with the optional ability to add additional HDD space.

Apparently Sony should show off this new PS3 unit during TGS this month... 

Message 23 of 147 (977 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6825 posts

Sep 5, 2012

^^ ok will have to see.. hopefully they do.. if not  2013  march

Mcbuttz78

Message 24 of 147 (974 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16824 posts

Sep 5, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Yuri_2097 wrote:

bro there a  different types a ssd's which one are they using  no one knows at this point.. to  sit here and assume it going to have a hdd  slot is foollish,, the two are  not the same thing. they  rival each other. please look up what  ssd is and a hdd is..

An SSD and a 2.5 HDD are THE SAME SIZE and USE THE SAME CONNECTOR. Do some homework.

No is talking about 360. To compare  what sony is doing to  what xbox is doing is bad karma and not logical..   Before we start saying it will   be upgradeable becuase xbox  has one that almost  the same is  foolish..  is  psn  xmb the same as xbox live..No let  be patient and wait and see before we say..

Actually, its perfectly logical. Noticing the success your rival is going through with certain aspects of their products and making it similar to stay competitive is the name of the game. I never compared how the X360 is similar to the PS3. I compared how they both have the ability to use hdd's the moment they were released.
Its not foolish.... because if you bothered to take any notice.... the PS3's hdd's are upgradable since launch day, the same as the xbox.
I dont care about the OS.... I use my console to play games.  

Companies change things all the time.  Its up to the consumer  and share holders to decide if its bad buisness.. To  change things dont mean it bad buisness. cod 2 is the same  3-4   and them  games they be making..

Do you know where companies and their share holders base their decisions on? Their consumers. If they have been making millions upon billions with the products they've been creating the last 6 years, why change something NOW, when even Sony said the PS3 platform would be supported for 10 years? Sony has harped on this many times and even now when people cry for a PS4 "just because".

Why would they literally change the ENTIRE hardware spec? That would simply cause developers to have to spend MORE money on buying the "new" dev kits built for a console with different hardware and would have them have to make two different PS3 versions for people who have an Old PS3 and a New PS3. It would be costly to Sony because they have to create all of this and would increase production costs and skyrocket the price of all PS3's and literally alienate every developer who's already learned on one PS3 platform and now they have to worry about another hardware change, and most SMART developers (the ones who make the good games) wouldnt want to risk having to do that so late into a major consoles life cycle. 

We have to find what of kind sdd  we are dealing with  before the assumptionsn start.. That what i said,  so please dnt put words   in my mouth that i dont understand .. just becuase i dont say  that  dont mean i dont know.. I fully know the issue.. of what ssd is  and hdd and all the jazz. I know ther diffrent ones. some cant be taken out some can .

An SSD is an SSD..... the only difference between all current SSD's is their onboard controllers which determine its overall performance, JUST LIKE A HDD!!! Again, they use the exact same SATA connector and everything and simply use a lower power requirement because there is no mechanical motor spinning at 5400+rpm.
All SSDs can be replaced with each other. If there is a device that cannot have its storage device replaced, then its considered a FLASH ROM storage. Similar to older cameras that recorded video to an internal hdd, before we ever had.

. Go read my statement  of  before.. My opinon 16 gb is not enough storage is  true to me and  no one  want  upgrade the  console and void the warrenty to fix it when something happens.    trust me this  is  going be on the fourms in full effect    

I've read your statement, and it doesnt make any sense, especially when you've exhibited reponses that clearly show you have no technical knowledge of the PS3 and very limited knowledge in computers as a whole.

You should learn to read documentation because replacing the HDD on a PS3 does not void its warranty. Call Sony Tech Support at 1-800-345-7669. It takes nothing but a few minutes.
Ask the MANY here who have upgraded their HDD's who have had to send their PS3's in to Sony for warranty repair. The only thing that Sony asks you to do is to make sure you backup your data and insert the hdd that originally came with the PS3, just in case they have to send you a refurbished console. They will all say "No, it doesnt void the warranty"
And it would be stupid for Sony to make it a feature of the console, and PROMOTE such a feature if it voided the warranty, and if that were the case, the known world that carries any sort of logical thought and common sense would be up in arms about it. 
Obviously, in the history of all of Sony's products, and every other electronic manufacturer.... They do not advertise a feature that they will not warranty, and they make it known in several little pieces of printed documentation what they consider a violation of the warranty terms. Yes, products still come with warranty cards that you can fill out.

Seriously, your input is welcomed, but its also ridiculous, if you do not have an ounce of understanding about computers.
Your assumptions are all wrong, and COUNTER PRODUCTIVE for anyone who has any amount of common sense and logical thought. 
Even most people can predict when the Iphone5 will release and they dont have to know anything about smartphones at all, which has always been in the Fall season.... because Apple follows a pattern just like any other company that regularly releases a product, in order to make numbers for their quarterly and yearly reports.

Trust me "This is *NOT* going to be in forums in full effect"

Furiously Chaosing
Message 25 of 147 (972 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6825 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2012

^^ opinions  are just like backsides every has one  only  a  few are worth  seeing  on the beach"   '..

if  can show us for a  exact fact  it  using  the  proper said  ssd  you are claiming , then read the  above statement, becuase no one knowsat this time it  pure speculation.  Not  all ssd are the same. So  you  or i dont know what they putting inside the  claimed  ultralight  ps3.  So please drop the act that you do.. Thank you in advance..  No need to give  false hope on the matter  becuase  no one knows for sure, be firm  not solid and sold, becuase agn it could a old   type sdd that cant be removed .  Me  you ,. or anyone else dont have any proof it doesnt or does re moval.

if  you open a ps3  or put anything in your console  it voids the warrenty period, because  your not  a sony technician..  you  should learn to read  a warrenty . i was reading them before you was born before maybe even  before your mother  was born.!!

Since want to    be  ill logical  with it lets make a bet..  if  one forum does  not pop  about a 16gb not having enough storage for   6 mths- 1yr of the forums after release  if it  ever happens .. ill give u 100$ in  psn  cards..  ok. you dont have to give me anything. I know it going draw compliants.

Now for the fun part. I a have buisness degree from maryland  university  i graduated  17th in my class along  with a long navy career of 12 yrs.   So im going to easy on you talking buisness  .. After buisness becomes  sucessful they listen to  " some "stock holder and customers. But before that they do they  dont care. if its a new project . they dont care about  customers& stock holders, they  just care about the product.. They will get  the word out its good    and all., but they  dont care abotu  stock holders and etc at that point  of  something new unless they are greedy... Oral B  make toothbrushes new ones all the time. do you they care when  consumer say one is  crap.  No.. trust me they have share  holder and  customers that complain all the itme..  But  who its for them to buy every said product they make and love it .. Just  jam that toothbrush  down their neck   with authority becuase it oral b.  Be realistic  they will  make 100 other tooth  brushes that share  holder and customer can use .

Thats pure  fantasty  consumer make the  company. Yes they give rating that it  is a good or bad product. But the   people who make these  things dont care because alot like the said  product. if they are going make something they are going to make it regardless. it might have minimum marketing to  keep  share holder  happy, But dont they care  becuase  each  product   brings in money.. if  customer dont buy it  one country . They find a way to sell it in another ..

customer keep  retail  stores chains afloat and commercial  companies stock holders,, sony  was around  in 1954 my friend they are worth   7-9  trillion  today. they  lost 60 billion  during the  outage  if  you think  consumer kept them afloat this long  alone  long, you sorely mistaken, Great  buisness sense did... You can sell a patenant and  make 200  miilion .  You dont need any  consumer or stock holder money. So the customer keep something aflaot is not  true for  every  company. Some are  private

YOu think sony care about every  consumer that buy the product.. it good  pr to say   you do  ,, But in reality no they dont at the end of the  day they care about making a great product  1st , making it last 2nd and continue  to innovate in the market 3rd..  who ever  want  gain wealth  and  be fan  can  come along  and spend.  But are they arent forcing them too. No companies does.. Buying is optional my friend

So to say  consumer make a company is false ,. becuase i  could a sell patient all day and make 200 mill per  idea sold.. Now   stock  holdr and consumer  can say is its  a bad product.. Thats about it.  Every compnay is it own success becuase buying is optional

Mcbuttz78

Message 26 of 147 (966 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

^^ opinions  are just like backsides every has one  only  a  few are worth  seeing  on the beach"   '..

if  can show us for a  exact fact  it  using  the  proper said  ssd  you are claiming , then read the  above statement, becuase no one knowsat this time it  pure speculation.  Not  all ssd are the same. So  you  or i dont know what they putting inside the  claimed  ultralight  ps3.  So please drop the act that you do.. Thank you in advance..  No need to give  false hope on the matter  becuase  no one knows for sure, be firm  not solid and sold, becuase agn it could a old   type sdd that cant be removed .  Me  you ,. or anyone else dont have any proof it doesnt or does re moval.

if  you open a ps3  or put anything in your console  it voids the warrenty period, because  your not  a sony technician..  you  should learn to read  a warrenty . i was reading them before you was born before maybe even  before your mother  was born.!!

Since want to    be  ill logical  with it lets make a bet..  if  one forum does  not pop  about a 16gb not having enough storage for   6 mths- 1yr of the forums after release  if it  ever happens .. ill give u 100$ in  psn  cards..  ok. you dont have to give me anything. I know it going draw compliants.

Now for the fun part. I a have buisness degree from maryland  university  i graduated  17th in my class along  with a long navy career of 12 yrs.   So im going to easy on you talking buisness  .. After buisness becomes  sucessful they listen to  " some "stock holder and customers. But before that they do they  dont care. if its a new project . they dont care about  customers& stock holders, they  just care about the product.. They will get  the word out its good    and all., but they  dont care abotu  stock holders and etc at that point  of  something new unless they are greedy... Oral B  make toothbrushes new ones all the time. do you they care when  consumer say one is  crap.  No.. trust me they have share  holder and  customers that complain all the itme..  But  who its for them to buy every said product they make and love it .. Just  jam that toothbrush  down their neck   with authority becuase it oral b.  Be realistic  they will  make 100 other tooth  brushes that share  holder and customer can use .

Thats pure  fantasty  consumer make the  company. Yes they give rating that it  is a good or bad product. But the   people who make these  things dont care because alot like the said  product. if they are going make something they are going to make it regardless. it might have minimum marketing to  keep  share holder  happy, But dont they care  becuase  each  product   brings in money.. if  customer dont buy it  one country . They find a way to sell it in another ..

customer keep  retail  stores chains afloat and commercial  companies stock holders,, sony  was around  in 1954 my friend they are worth   7-9  trillion  today. they  lost 60 billion  during the  outage  if  you think  consumer kept them afloat this long  alone  long, you sorely mistaken, Great  buisness sense did... You can sell a patenant and  make 200  miilion .  You dont need any  consumer or stock holder money. So the customer keep something aflaot is not  true for  every  company. Some are  private

YOu think sony care about every  consumer that buy the product.. it good  pr to say   you do  ,, But in reality no they dont at the end of the  day they care about making a great product  1st , making it last 2nd and continue  to innovate in the market 3rd..  who ever  want  gain wealth  and  be fan  can  come along  and spend.  But are they arent forcing them too. No companies does.. Buying is optional my friend

So to say  consumer make a company is false ,. becuase i  could a sell patient all day and make 200 mill per  idea sold.. Now   stock  holdr and consumer  can say is its  a bad product.. Thats about it.  Every compnay is it own success becuase buying is optional

Upgrading the HDD yourself does not void your warranty on your PS3. There is no doubt whatsoever that you are very mistaken about this.

It specifically states this fact on this website: "Upgrading the HDD will not void the warranty, however, the consumer takes full responsibility when upgrading the HDD."  (http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=362)

Message 27 of 147 (959 Views)
Big Daddy
16824 posts

Sep 5, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

if  can show us for a  exact fact  it  using  the  proper said  ssd  you are claiming , then read the  above statement, becuase no one knowsat this time it  pure speculation.  Not  all ssd are the same.

Obviously its "pure speculation" is this not a thread about speculation? Im sorry if I actually base my speculation on cold hard facts and patterns in the market. And yes, every SSD is the same...... google some pictures of them. They are all nothing but a PCB with a whole bunch of flash-rom chips on them. 

So  you  or i dont know what they putting inside the  claimed  ultralight  ps3.  So please drop the act that you do.. Thank you in advance..  No need to give  false hope on the matter  becuase  no one knows for sure, be firm  not solid and sold, becuase agn it could a old   type sdd that cant be removed .  Me  you ,. or anyone else dont have any proof it doesnt or does re moval.

Its easy to assume what Sony is "putting inside the PS3".... look at what they previously did with the Slim PS2 and Slim PS3.... smaller CPU and GPU for less heat and power consumption, smaller form factor and improve reliability. 
Even the FCC papers and the photo of the SKU's submitted for a specific countries FCC registration shows what versions are going to be released. Obviously everything is subject to change, but doing so a little late in the game is pointless.
Just like the X360S, it has a 4Gb FLASH ROM built into the motherboard.... Its safe to say the 16Gb PS3 will have the same, AND just like the 4Gb X360S, it will have a bay to install a larger hdd. 
"An old type ssd that cannot be removed" is not an ssd at all..... its called a FLASH-ROM. The term SSD dates back to the 1950's, but did not become popular with the general consumer market until about 5 years ago. Before then they were simply too expensive to develop and only large corporations used them on thier computers.

Is that so? Did you bother to call Sony with the number I gave you? Didn't think so.... How about a Copy & Paste of this.... 

The PS3 system hard disk drive (HDD) is removable and upgradeable. An upgrade can be performed by removing the hard drive and replacing it with a larger capacity drive. Please be advised that if you replace the hard drive, the data that was on the original hard drive will not show up on the PS3 unless you manually back up the data and transfer it to the replacement hard drive.

For complete instructions on how to properly upgrade the hard disk drive, see pages 16-18 in the PS3 system Safety and Support guide. Be sure to select the correct model PS3. (To find the model of the PS3, look on the back on the system and look for the bar code. The model number is the last digits at the end of the serial number label, that start with the letters "CECH".)

NOTES:

• Please note that the PS3 system will prompt you to format the inserted hard drive if it isn't the original. This will happen even if the hard drive was from a different PS3 system.
  • The HDD must be a 2.5” internal Serial ATA HDD. Parallel ATA is not supported.
  • Sony Computer Entertainment America, LLC (SCEA) does not have any information regarding specific compatibility or recommendations for hard disk drives for the PS3 system. Proper operation is not guaranteed for all models.
  • Upgrading the HDD will not void the warranty, however, the consumer takes full responsibility when upgrading the HDD.
  • To back up the data on the HDD, you may use the back up utility on the PS3.

Follow this link, read and then weep. Sony was helpful enough to include ALL PS3 models from the Fat to the Slims and they even have pictures to follow along with and even video.

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=362

You are not "opening up" the PS3 as you are not breaking the warranty sticker/seal that every PS3 has

I'll take that bet. But raise the stakes.... make it a cool $300 in PSN cards. I can afford it.

Now for the fun part. I a have buisness degree from maryland  university  i graduated  17th in my class along  with a long navy career of 12 yrs.   So im going to easy on you talking buisness  .. After buisness becomes  sucessful they listen to  " some "stock holder and customers. But before that they do they  dont care. if its a new project . they dont care about  customers& stock holders, they  just care about the product.. They will get  the word out its good    and all., but they  dont care abotu  stock holders and etc at that point  of  something new unless they are greedy... Oral B  make toothbrushes new ones all the time. do you they care when  consumer say one is  crap.  No.. trust me they have share  holder and  customers that complain all the itme..  But  who its for them to buy every said product they make and love it .. Just  jam that tooth  down their neck   with authority becuase it oral b.  Be realistic  they will  make 100 other tooth  brushes that share  holder and customer can use .

And? Just because you got "good marks" in school doesnt mean squat unless you actually use your degree. I hold 3 degrees myself and they are all based on Economics, Business management and investment theories, and even a mechanical engineering degree. I was even asked before I separated from the military if I wanted to become an Officer
You also do know that Oral B gets its products rated by the American Dental Association right? You do know that Oral B is not the only manufacturer of dental hygiene products right? Did you know that Oral B tests all of its products with REAL people and even casts taken from real people with dental issues? 
Did you also know that Oral B actually has won a multitude of awards due to their research JUST in toothbrushes and they were the first company to actually make brushes of different stiffness for comfort and medical necessity from people who have sensitive teeth and gums? 
Did you also know that Oral B also does very little marketing since the late 90's? And yet because of their early successin the 50-60s, a conglomerate corporation called Proctor & Gamble bought Oral B..... again BASED ON THEIR SUCCESS. Not because "they jam it down their neck". All of that information I gave you came from a quck search on Oral B and its financial success, especially when a lot of artcles mentioned that the success of Oral B was because actual dentists designed the toothbrushes.

You should got back in the books as it sounds like you lost some pertinent information that would have benefitted you.
Did you know that when a company becomes highly successful, they can be bought out by an umbrella corporation in much the same way AOL/Time Warner has TRILLIONS of dollars worth of many large and small companies ranging from TV and movie studios, to clothes, many non-profit charitable organizations etc etc? 
Thats how things work..... Every business in the business of making money. But in order to do that they need 2 things.... a product that virtually sells itself (like Oral B toothbrushes) and people willing to invest some money. Did you also know that investors dont really care about what a company does unless the financial reports does not show a decent rate of return? How about when investors like Donald Trump buy and sell many different companies? Do you think he really cares what food they serve in his casino? No, because there are people who actually WORK there that worry about it in order to have a product that satifies the needs and expectations of the public..... BASED ON CONSUMER FEEDBACK.... Obviously if people gave bad reviews on the casino, they'd lose money and have to brainstorm on how to fix it and get people to bring their money into the business to buy food, play games, a room for the weekend etc etc.....
If you cannot satisfy the customer, you cannot succeed.
It seems that someone who is younger than you knows "the customer is always right" and you come to the thinking of some conspiratorial claim. 

customer keep  retail  stores chains aflot and commercial  companies stock holders,, sony  was around  in 1954 my friend they are worth   7-9  trillion  today. they  lost 60 billion  during the  outage  if  you think  consumer kept them afloat this long  alone  long, you sorely mistaken, Great  buisness sense did... You can sell a patenant and  make 200  miilion .  You dont need any  consumer or stock holder money. So the customer keep something aflaot is not  true for  every  company.

YOu think sony care about every  consumer that buy the product.. it good  pr to say   you do  ,, But in reality no they dont at the end of the  day they care about making a great product  1st , making it last 2nd and continue  to innovate in the market 3rd..  who ever  want  gain wealth  and  be fan  can  come along  and spend.  But are they arent forcing them too. No compnaies does.. Buying is optional my friend
Of course buying is optional..... but Sony didnt make its success simply by asking people to give them money...... the founder of Sony saw a product he could sell.... The very first portable walkman/radio. Follow the trail of Sony's success and you'll see that the more people took notice of Sony's quality products and darn good prices, investors were soon to follow so they could get a piece of the pie. 
They also ended up making TV's, Camcorders, CDs and CD players, VCRs, Cassette tapes, VHS tapes, Laser discs.... without expanding their product line and selling to a world wide market, we wouldn't know that Sony ever existed... Why?
Because of the PEOPLE who paid money for the products....
Even Sony buys services from other companies to make their products. 
The entire business industry is based on a mutualistic/symbiotic relationship.... one cannot live without the other

Wrong. Your business sense is terrible.

Every company is in the business of selling a good or a service..... without a CUSTOMER buying said product, the company cannot survive. It doesnt have to be the public.... it could be a small technology company trying to find a manufacturer for their device.... they contact Sony or its partners and they make a deal the benefits both parties.

You are over complicating your explanation about how a business becomes successful.

If you do not stay on topic, I will report to a moderator to lock the thread for becoming off-topic

Furiously Chaosing
Message 28 of 147 (952 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6825 posts

Sep 5, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Upgrading the HDD yourself does not void your warranty on your PS3. There is no doubt whatsoever that you are very mistaken about this.

It specifically states this fact on this website: "Upgrading the HDD will not void the warranty, however, the consumer takes full responsibility when upgrading the HDD."  (http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=362)

it does void the warrenty.. trust me becuase  the user is not a sony technicans..  Your not  even  suppose open the ps3 period for any reason,. I think that is stated some  where in  every  electronic device warrenty by law.    Every  line in a warrenty defeats the  next line of liability  to sony in fixing and being responsible for the damages..  in short they but everything on you in fault. There-for they dont fix it they replace it at a charge. This is how they make the warranty money... this how buisnesses do  it..

A 1-3 yrs warrenty is  purchased seperate the 1st 90 days is free  with purchase by consumer law i  suppose.. and anything after that is on the buyer.. If  they bring it back to fix  they  take your hdd,  becuase  the hdd  didnt come with the product, even  if  it did they take it. Even if its a  3rd party  product.  Anything touching the console internally  from 3rd party make's it a damaged goods and unfixable by sony and void the warranty.

like i said each Line a warrenty defeats the next the line of liability toward sony or what ever said company. They   can show  what they want becuase that what they want you to do... they want you  open it  up  &  blow your warrenty money and they are liabable , So you can buy another  warrenty and another.

Its easy money..  You these companies out here  dnt have billion of dollars from  product alone..  ha.. good one. warrenty  is  like insurance.. You dont really need it and when you  do.. it most likley used up. Warenty/insurance make  about  10-15% of  all revenue for most  companies as well as cost to them.

Keep think they would  hold you responsible  whena console damgae or error.. they blame  3rd party hdd every single time...

Mcbuttz78

Message 29 of 147 (950 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6825 posts

Sep 5, 2012

it on topic..  i and if feel  to report  go  ahead..    what he /she going  to do but close the thread.. Smiley Happy.. If cant  debate   then dont.

Mcbuttz78

Message 30 of 147 (949 Views)
0 Likes