Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 133 of 147 (222 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Re: PS3 Super Slim Rumors and Speculation

Sep 19, 2012

Upgrading the hard drive does not void the warrenty. I had nearly filled my 320gb within 6 months after buying my PS3. I had a concern

about my extended warrenty so I called Sony about this. They gave me abbreviated verbal instructions on how to upgrade the hard drive

and directed me to their web page with detailed instructions on doing this as well as assurances that the warrenty is not affected. Installing a 1TB drive was a snap.. the hard part was the 2 weeks it took to re-download all my games and demos, with it running night and day!

Upgrading the HD is simple and easy, much like upgrading the HDD and memory on a laptop with easily accessible covers on the

bottom. Now, I have the 1TB about half full, so it should last a while. For anyone thinking about buying a new PS3 because you're

running out of HD space, go the larger HDD route! I picked up the 1TB Western Digital Blue drive on Amazon for about $105, no tax and

free shipping, and since then they've dropped down to between $90 and $100.

Message 134 of 147 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
775 posts

Sep 19, 2012
sorry about the double posting happens when I use a mobile device instead of a computer for some reason :smileyfrustrated:
Message 135 of 147 (186 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 19, 2012

jeff_rigby wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

Dominator142 wrote:

I agree. People will most likely buy it more for the price than for what it looks like. But I must say, I hate that sliding door concept, that really does look ugly. I hope that's not the finished product

It's pure speculation that it has a sliding door. Nobody knows that for sure and I certainly hope it's not true.

I tend to believe that it will be a fliptop door...

Me too; 1) There has to be a safety switch for the door to keep the laser from damaging peoples eyes and 2) a spindle on top keeping the disk on the bottom spindle is usually needed.  Can't do that with a sliding lid.

I do have issues with the Technoblog pictures, they might be fake.  

Well I finally saw the sliding PS3 superslim door, and it holds on to the discs just like the many toploaders do, the spindle holds onto the disc with a spring mechanism...

Message 136 of 147 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6496 posts

Sep 19, 2012

LazyShady wrote:

**bleep**, so many people keep saying that if Sony makes a 16GB model, its a horrible idea, its gonna make them lose more money, blah blah blah.  The 16 GB Ps3, SSD Aka BETTER THAN HDD will probably be priced at 200 or 150 and is going against the Xbox 360 4GB.

Think about the microsoft sells, Buy a computer from their store and get a xbox 360 for free. So do they have a 250 GB xbox for buying a laptop? I'm sure they wont give a 320 GB Xbox 360 for buying one. No, they give you a 4GB Xbox 360 that comes with the purchase of a Laptop in their store.

Now think about Sony. They build laptops, phones, cameras, tvs, games, console, handhelds, recorders, and more. What if they are using the same marketing tactic as Microsoft in selling their laptops or something else that comes with a Ps3. The Bravia is selling Ps3s with bundle, so maybe they reduce the standards of the Ps3 in order to give it away "like free" with a purchase of something.

I understand what your saying. But at same time.   Sony doesnt do what ms does. they nevr have and never will. Im not  being rude with that statement, im just  being very honest with  you.

Sony has done that with tv's  if you buy a  48 inch you get ps3 with 2-3 games if  i remembr the promotional ad correct. Alot of those things fall on the store in promotion..  And  sony was giving  away a  ps3   when the costumer  bought the new  xioa laptop  or what ever you call it  at best buys.

Promotional ad and things like fall on partnership with stores.. it just dont fall on sony  all the time.

Since there is no 16gb  flash at this point in time ,  just let it go .

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 137 of 147 (163 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15916 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 19, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

LazyShady wrote:

**bleep**, so many people keep saying that if Sony makes a 16GB model, its a horrible idea, its gonna make them lose more money, blah blah blah.  The 16 GB Ps3, SSD Aka BETTER THAN HDD will probably be priced at 200 or 150 and is going against the Xbox 360 4GB.

Think about the microsoft sells, Buy a computer from their store and get a xbox 360 for free. So do they have a 250 GB xbox for buying a laptop? I'm sure they wont give a 320 GB Xbox 360 for buying one. No, they give you a 4GB Xbox 360 that comes with the purchase of a Laptop in their store.

Now think about Sony. They build laptops, phones, cameras, tvs, games, console, handhelds, recorders, and more. What if they are using the same marketing tactic as Microsoft in selling their laptops or something else that comes with a Ps3. The Bravia is selling Ps3s with bundle, so maybe they reduce the standards of the Ps3 in order to give it away "like free" with a purchase of something.

I understand what your saying. But at same time.   Sony doesnt do what ms does. they nevr have and never will. Im not  being rude with that statement, im just  being very honest with  you.

Sony has done that with tv's  if you buy a  48 inch you get ps3 with 2-3 games if  i remembr the promotional ad correct. Alot of those things fall on the store in promotion..  And  sony was giving  away a  ps3   when the costumer  bought the new  xioa laptop  or what ever you call it  at best buys.

Promotional ad and things like fall on partnership with stores.. it just dont fall on sony  all the time.

Since there is no 16gb  flash at this point in time ,  just let it go .

You still havent learned have you?

In order to be competitive, you sometimes have to adopt the competitions' design...... the 12/16Gb PS3 is released outside the US. That doesnt mean that it doesn't exist. Quite the contrary, we might see it later on down the road, maybe not.

By the way, our bet still stands..... the moment someone with a 12Gb PS3 replaces their hdd you better pay up, i dont care if its on another country or from Saturns many moons.... 

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 138 of 147 (154 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Sep 19, 2012

It looks really small but I don't really like the look of it. I don't like that the disc cover slides to the left. I think it would have been better to have the disc cover to open upwards like the PS2 slim. I think the fat PS3 models are the best looking models out of the 3 PS3 models. 

Message 139 of 147 (145 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 19, 2012
I'm guessing we aren't seeing a price drop on the PS3 yet is because they are selling the new versions in bundles so they can get away without lowering the price, because of the perceived added value. This is the same tactic they are doing with the Vita.

Once the holidays are over, and Sony unbundles these systems next year, I think we will hopefully then see a price drop happen...
Message 140 of 147 (140 Views)
0 Likes