Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
2086 posts

Re: PS3 Super Slim Rumors and Speculation

Sep 7, 2012

KoRnKlOwN69 wrote:

its based off of information compiled by him through research.....he could be wrong but the whole fun of it is if he is right......we will have great experiences coming our way....and by the way the ps3 is infact over due for a huge OS upgrade....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39283237&postcount=1334

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39720454&postcount=1337

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40866573&postcount=1338

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 147 (1,302 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 7, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

^^ opinions  are just like backsides every has one  only  a  few are worth  seeing  on the beach"   '..

if  can show us for a  exact fact  it  using  the  proper said  ssd  you are claiming , then read the  above statement, becuase no one knowsat this time it  pure speculation.  Not  all ssd are the same. So  you  or i dont know what they putting inside the  claimed  ultralight  ps3.  So please drop the act that you do.. Thank you in advance..  No need to give  false hope on the matter  becuase  no one knows for sure, be firm  not solid and sold, becuase agn it could a old   type sdd that cant be removed .  Me  you ,. or anyone else dont have any proof it doesnt or does re moval.

if  you open a ps3  or put anything in your console  it voids the warrenty period, because  your not  a sony technician..  you  should learn to read  a warrenty . i was reading them before you was born before maybe even  before your mother  was born.!!

Since want to    be  ill logical  with it lets make a bet..  if  one forum does  not pop  about a 16gb not having enough storage for   6 mths- 1yr of the forums after release  if it  ever happens .. ill give u 100$ in  psn  cards..  ok. you dont have to give me anything. I know it going draw compliants.

Now for the fun part. I a have buisness degree from maryland  university  i graduated  17th in my class along  with a long navy career of 12 yrs.   So im going to easy on you talking buisness  .. After buisness becomes  sucessful they listen to  " some "stock holder and customers. But before that they do they  dont care. if its a new project . they dont care about  customers& stock holders, they  just care about the product.. They will get  the word out its good    and all., but they  dont care abotu  stock holders and etc at that point  of  something new unless they are greedy... Oral B  make toothbrushes new ones all the time. do you they care when  consumer say one is  crap.  No.. trust me they have share  holder and  customers that complain all the itme..  But  who its for them to buy every said product they make and love it .. Just  jam that toothbrush  down their neck   with authority becuase it oral b.  Be realistic  they will  make 100 other tooth  brushes that share  holder and customer can use .

Thats pure  fantasty  consumer make the  company. Yes they give rating that it  is a good or bad product. But the   people who make these  things dont care because alot like the said  product. if they are going make something they are going to make it regardless. it might have minimum marketing to  keep  share holder  happy, But dont they care  becuase  each  product   brings in money.. if  customer dont buy it  one country . They find a way to sell it in another ..

customer keep  retail  stores chains afloat and commercial  companies stock holders,, sony  was around  in 1954 my friend they are worth   7-9  trillion  today. they  lost 60 billion  during the  outage  if  you think  consumer kept them afloat this long  alone  long, you sorely mistaken, Great  buisness sense did... You can sell a patenant and  make 200  miilion .  You dont need any  consumer or stock holder money. So the customer keep something aflaot is not  true for  every  company. Some are  private

YOu think sony care about every  consumer that buy the product.. it good  pr to say   you do  ,, But in reality no they dont at the end of the  day they care about making a great product  1st , making it last 2nd and continue  to innovate in the market 3rd..  who ever  want  gain wealth  and  be fan  can  come along  and spend.  But are they arent forcing them too. No companies does.. Buying is optional my friend

So to say  consumer make a company is false ,. becuase i  could a sell patient all day and make 200 mill per  idea sold.. Now   stock  holdr and consumer  can say is its  a bad product.. Thats about it.  Every compnay is it own success becuase buying is optional

Upgrading the HDD yourself does not void your warranty on your PS3. There is no doubt whatsoever that you are very mistaken about this.

It specifically states this fact on this website: "Upgrading the HDD will not void the warranty, however, the consumer takes full responsibility when upgrading the HDD."  (http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=362)

it does void the warrenty.. trust me becuase  the user is not a sony technicans..  Your not  even  suppose open the ps3 period for any reason,. I think that is stated some  where in  every  electronic device warrenty by law.    Every  line in a warrenty defeats the  next line of liability  to sony in fixing and being responsible for the damages..  in short they but everything on you in fault. There-for they dont fix it they replace it at a charge. This is how they make the warranty money... this how buisnesses do  it..

A 1-3 yrs warrenty is  purchased seperate the 1st 90 days is free  with purchase by consumer law i  suppose.. and anything after that is on the buyer.. If  they bring it back to fix  they  take your hdd,  becuase  the hdd  didnt come with the product, even  if  it did they take it. Even if its a  3rd party  product.  Anything touching the console internally  from 3rd party make's it a damaged goods and unfixable by sony and void the warranty.

like i said each Line a warrenty defeats the next the line of liability toward sony or what ever said company. They   can show  what they want becuase that what they want you to do... they want you  open it  up  &  blow your warrenty money and they are liabable , So you can buy another  warrenty and another.

Its easy money..  You these companies out here  dnt have billion of dollars from  product alone..  ha.. good one. warrenty  is  like insurance.. You dont really need it and when you  do.. it most likley used up. Warenty/insurance make  about  10-15% of  all revenue for most  companies as well as cost to them.

Keep think they would  hold you responsible  whena console damgae or error.. they blame  3rd party hdd every single time...

Really?!? There is something definitely wrong with your reading comprehension and (mental competence) if you can't even acknowledge the fact that Sony has stated that changing your own HDD does not void the warranty. Also your hang-up that a Sony Technician needs to do this is total nonsense. Nowhere is it written about that. So I have to conclude that you never upgraded your HDD yourself because you feel it is above your abilities.

As others has stated, you aren't adding anything constructive to this thread, and you are just embarrassing yourself. Personally I don't think you can help yourself because you have a mental issue going on, but you clearly aren't competent to discuss anything regarding PS3 hardware, PS3 maintenance, or the video game business. IMO you are better suited sticking to the SOCOM forums...

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 147 (1,276 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
775 posts

Sep 7, 2012

guy that says hes an insider and that it will be at tgs 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=41813952#post41813952

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 147 (1,254 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15440 posts

Sep 8, 2012

KoRnKlOwN69 wrote:

guy that says hes an insider and that it will be at tgs 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=41813952#post41813952

We know.... he's made a few posts in this thread

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 147 (1,218 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
775 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 8, 2012

im not talking about rigby if u went to the link u would know.... his name is piteru

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 147 (913 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15440 posts

Sep 8, 2012

his post is very obscure and doesnt really lead to any speculation except breeding more speculation.

It wouldn't surprise me if he took cues from other posts in different threads and made his own "best guess"

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 147 (894 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2086 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 8, 2012

KoRnKlOwN69 wrote:

im not talking about rigby if u went to the link u would know.... his name is piteru

It's not me and is in line with my reasoning, no price drop except seen in bundles.  Either I'm correct and this refresh is  a complete redesign with attractive features like OS on SSD Flash (Faster loads and swaps), less power consumption,  Kinect like interface (Digitimes rumor), HDMI pass-thru (Echoes what's coming in the Xbox 361 from Xbox 720 powerpoint leak to support ATSC 2.0)  OR it has nothing to offer and can't be sold cheaper as the savings in the redesign is just shipping costs in a smaller 1 pound lighter PS3.  

If it's attractive, it will sell millions at the higher price, no need to reduce the price, if it's not  a total redesign then they can't reduce the price.  

As to OS upgrade, much of it will be targeted at ATSC 2.0 which may see slow adoption...so no rush to release.  But TGS is in Japan and we have a new president who is Japanese and announcing what I believe coming will be good for the stock price and cement the new Presidents position.  

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 147 (885 Views)
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Sep 8, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 147 (860 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Sep 8, 2012
If they don't put backwards compatibility back in then whats the point? PS3 slim is perfectly fine as is.
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 147 (859 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 8, 2012
The point is to make the PS3 cheaper to make, and hopefully cheaper to sell. PS2 BC is pretty irrelevant at this point...
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 147 (856 Views)
0 Likes