Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Re: PS3 Super Slim Disc Eject

Jun 2, 2013

I quit the game and move the XMB away from the game currently in the system so that it isn't spinning when I hit eject. Makes me feel better so I don't ruin anything.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 11 of 14 (1,351 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Jun 2, 2013

Khamey wrote:

Just feel as if in the slot loading ones, they went through an eject procedure, where in this new one it will never stop reading the game (spinning the disc).

that is because when you clicked eject, it doesnt immediately become exposed, it has time to eject properly, whereas in the superslim, as soon as you click eject, it slides open, exposing the disc.

Message 12 of 14 (1,342 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
922 posts

Jun 2, 2013

It is fine to eject the disc while it is on. You see it come to an abrupt stop because the lid opens before this disk stops, as to where on the slot loading drives the disk obviously has to come to a complete stop before it can be ejected. The slot loading drives also stop pretty quickly. That is how they start the eject process so quickly. If they didn't stop the disk abruptly you would have to wait quite a while for the disk to come to a stop on its own before it would slide out. It is a good idea to exit to the XMB before ejecting, but do not worry about the disk spinning when you hit that eject button.

I work on many different electronic devices for a living and I have worked on many different optical drives. The disc being stopped abruptly before being ejected is nothing out of the ordinary.

I also have a super slim which I love. I got it to reduce the wear and tear on my phat PS3 since I travel a lot with it. I eject the disk with it on all the time. You do not have to worry about burning out the BD drive since the motor shuts off as soon as you hit that eject button, and just before the disk stops. The only problem I had with the super slim was an overheating problem. It showed up within two weeks of owning it so I exchanged it for a new one and six months later it is just fine.

bren92 Trophy Card
Message 13 of 14 (1,332 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Jun 8, 2013
Dont worry ppl the fat and slim ps3 stop the same way you just dont see or hear it due to the thick plastics ,auto eject and noise dampening material.
get your old ps3 and test it out you will hear the disc come to an abrupt stop befor ejecting.

As for me I take the game after im done so I dont put to much stress on the disc drive. Its a health habbit for your ps3 if you want it to last forever.
Message 14 of 14 (1,297 Views)
0 Likes