Nov 03 2012
By: Sethros First Son 1 posts

PS3 Super Slim Disc Drive Spindle Questions

1 replies 462 views Edited Nov 3, 2012

I was wondering if there is any risk of causing damage to the console by pushing down on the spindle for the new PS3 super slim model.  You do have to apply a small amount of force when placing a disc in the disc drive so I am concerned with the potential wear and tear this may cause as the drive itself with the laser attached seems to bounce back up when placing a disc in the system.

Let me clarify, obviously bashing down on it would be a bad idea but I am refering to putting light force on the spindle over time when I question the harm to the system.

My console is working fine right now but I notice the disc drive seems to make a loud winding noise when loading up a disc.

Message 1 of 2 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1387 posts

Re: PS3 Super Slim Disc Drive Spindle Questions

Nov 3, 2012

Sethros wrote:

I was wondering if there is any risk of causing damage to the console by pushing down on the spindle for the new PS3 super slim model.  You do have to apply a small amount of force when placing a disc in the disc drive so I am concerned with the potential wear and tear this may cause as the drive itself with the laser attached seems to bounce back up when placing a disc in the system.

Let me clarify, obviously bashing down on it would be a bad idea but I am refering to putting light force on the spindle over time when I question the harm to the system.

My console is working fine right now but I notice the disc drive seems to make a loud winding noise when loading up a disc.

Unless you push down hard enough to acctually damage the drive then you shouldn't worry.
It should be able to take tens upon thousands of disc changes so long as you don't consistently try to slam dunk your discs into the tray.

Message 2 of 2 (452 Views)
0 Likes