Dec 21 2012
By: cpushack2 First Son 2 posts

PS3 Slimline 120GB Shows blank screen after everything I try (restore, file system, format etc)

[ Edited ]
1 replies 100 views Edited Dec 23, 2012

I am working a a PS3 Slimline (120GB CECH-2001A) for a friend.  I usually just fix laptops lol.

It has 'issues'  When it boots it tells me the settings are corrupt, I hit 'X' for it to restore, which it does, then goes to a blank screen.

If I manually turn it off an on and go through the set up process (enter language, time zone etc) it then reboots and tells me things are corrupt.

I boot it into 'safe mode'  and select restor file system (or any of the options it doesnt matter) and it starts to do as requested, then goes to the blank screen.

I pulled the hdd, stuck it in my USB adapter and formatted it on my PC to see if it had any issues, windows didnt seem to have any problem (full format, no bad sectors noted).  I stuck it back in the PS3 and it said it needed system software (because I had wiped the hard drive I assume) so I got updated system software on a USB flash drive and attempted to install it, it got to about 50% then blank screen.

So what is the usual cause of this?  Bad hdd? (though seems ok in windows FWIW)

Also, probably unrelated, the left USB port does not work, the right one does)

Message 1 of 2 (100 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: PS3 Slimline 120GB Shows blank screen after everything I try (restore, file system, format etc)

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2012

No ideas apparently?

I ran a full chkdsk on the hdd and found no bad sectors so maybe it needs a reflow?

Message 2 of 2 (70 Views)
0 Likes