Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 18 2012
By: iTzDeadlyMonkey First Son 1 posts

PS3 Slim or PS3 Super Slim? HELP

7 replies 567 views Edited Nov 18, 2012

Hey guys,

So I am super new to the whole Playstation Network.  I usually just game on the xbox.  This Christmas I've decided to get a playstation.  Mainly because I like to game a lot and just want to try out the different consoles out there.  I was orginally just going to pick up the PS3 Slim, but when I heard the PS3 Super Slim just came out, I was hesitant.  I am hesitant about buying the Slim because I've heard a lot about it freezing.  I am hesitant about buying the Super Slim because of it's "cheap" sliding plastic on the top.  I really like the Slim's ejecting disc feature.  Anyways, please list some pros and cons for me and give me you guy's opinions.  That would help a ton.  Thanks so much in advance.

- iTzDeadlyMonkey

Message 1 of 8 (567 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: PS3 Slim or PS3 Super Slim? HELP

Nov 18, 2012
Slims are going to be hard to find new, because the superslims are replacing them in the stores. The best bet on a PS3 is on BF where they are selling the Superslim with 5 games for $200, on that day only.

IMO the Superslim is well constructed, if you see it in person it looks a lot more sturdy than it does in a photo...
Message 2 of 8 (560 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Nov 18, 2012

Wow I didn't know they were selling Super Slims with such an aggressively good deal.

As a rule, however, I'm always wary of new hardware.

Message 3 of 8 (552 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 19, 2012
Im new too, And I bought The Super Slim. Tho I still dont know whats the different's yet because I dont have it yet because I ordered it by shipping. Im soo excited and I think theres 2 more days for it to come!!! I already bought some games. COD Modern warfare and COD BO (Black Ops) And Assassin's creed III
Message 4 of 8 (538 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Penzillaxx wrote:

Wow I didn't know they were selling Super Slims with such an aggressively good deal.

The advantage with the superslim over the regular slim, is that you won't have to worry about getting the disc stuck inside the machine and you can always easily clean the lens...

Message 5 of 8 (533 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Nov 19, 2012

I bought a 320GB Slim on Amazon for $300 with a "free" year membership to PS Plus. The system cost a little more than most other bundles, but since PS Plus has free games, I think it's the best deal.

Message 6 of 8 (513 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 19, 2012

I'm really happy with my Super Slim PS3 got the Assassin's Creed 3 bundle. I find it more convienent then my Slim PS3. My Slim PS3 was covering part of my TV and I couldn't see the bottom right of it with the Super Slim I can see the whole TV now. I also was very nervious about the new hardware but after having to redownload DCUO which was 16GB and with my super slow internet it took me about 4 days to download it all. The PS3 would be on for 6hrs a day and the last day I just wanted to get it over with and it was on 10hrs straight. Still running like a champ. Only thing I do notice since I bought it and powered it up is, it seems to have a clicking noise that it does 2 times when it boots up.

Message 7 of 8 (506 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15664 posts

Nov 20, 2012

Penzillaxx wrote:

Its not new hardware.... its a revision of an existing product.

And this deal is only available on Black Friday. 

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 8 of 8 (465 Views)
0 Likes