Splicer
46 posts

Re: PS3 Slim in wood cabinet?

May 4, 2013
The optimal storage conditions for electronics is about 10 degrees Celsius (50F) but nobody's playing games in their refrigerator. I've seen electronics fail in well ventalated 70F and I've seen them last years at 100F in tinder boxes. While your percentages of failure rise with the temperature it's still a crapshoot. The best you can do is the best you can do and try not to obsess about it. I've had my PS3 for about a year and a half now. It sits on the floor of a non-ventalated cabinet (abt 75-80F) and I've had no problems. Could I do more, probably; but I'm not going to worry about it.
Message 31 of 32 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7984 posts

Re: PS3 Slim in wood cabinet?

May 4, 2013

Eventually you will experience one of the following problems related to the heat created in that space:

Power supply failure, Power fails to stay on more tha 10-15 seconds due to over heating again and again over time.

Motherboard solder failure, the slim doesn't have the YLOD it's light just goes out and the system will not boot up.

Game freezes, loading problems with your bigger open world or more graphically advanced games, again heat related sometimes it can cause the lasers in the blu ray drives to start going bad earlier than normal.

Not a huge deal now because parts, repairs, and replacements are available fairly cheap. It's not that hard to avoid problems and prolong the life of electronics.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd73/rseverclear/Lightemuprsteele2.png

Message 32 of 32 (108 Views)
0 Likes