Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 18 2012
By: phoebekiel First Son 2 posts

PS3 Slim Keeps Freezing, need help!!

3 replies 103 views Edited Dec 18, 2012

I Have a PS3 slim, CECH2004B, almost  3yrs old now. Everytime I start it to play or browse or watch movie it freezes after 15min. So i have to restart it then, it will happen again this time every 5 min. which i can't do anything to my PS3. I try the recovery mode options, each one of it. I also change the hard drive. I change the thermal paste, still nothing, it still freezes.

One time i don't use my PS3 for a month, after that, I decided to play and start it. I can play for almost 2-3hrs for 3 days then again, back to freezing.. First after 15min, then afterwards, every 5min.

What seems to be the problem of my PS3? any suggestions or solutions perhaps.. need help..my PS3 has been like this for almost 1yr now.

My PS3 is 3yrs now, Have'nt played much heavily on it, so i'm wondering what would be the problem..

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Re: PS3 Slim Keeps Freezing, need help!!

Dec 18, 2012

well if you know the HDD is good then sounds like you may have not did the thermal paste job correctly but i could be wrong..DO NOT spread the paste..put a pea drop in the middle and let the heatsink spread it out..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (84 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 19, 2012
thanks, i will try it again. hopefully this will fix it. Just want to ask 1 question, this freezing issue have nothing to do with the gpu being loose or what they say needs a reflow?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Dec 19, 2012

no..if that was rhe case you would have YLOD

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (64 Views)
0 Likes