I live in The Bahamas and recently I have been having the blinking red lights problem with my ps3. When I turn on my system there is the intial green start up light but after that it beeps about 3 times then it just blinks red continously. I carried it to a local repair shop but i got a call today saying that they do not know what the problem is and can not fix. I know I am not the only one with this problem, does anybody have any idea what the problem could be? Also I had my ps3 slim from 2009 so I have no more warranty.
hello,can you get into recovery mode or safe mode?
1. Turn off Playstation®3.
2. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be promted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
it sounds though as it is overheating and it may need to be cleaned out and new thermal paste put on the heatsink,your in a hot climate anyway and it is due time for the crappy sony paste to be replaced.
Go into Safe Mode and use the Restore File System option to check for errors on the hard drive. Ignore the warning about corrupted data.
thanks for the advise, if the repair shop still doesnt find any problems with it i will try the safe mode thing.... i called a US gamestop and they said i should try that as well so if it works i'll post it so others would know what to do