Highlighted
Nov 13 2011
By: miniature_despot First Son 1 posts

PS3 Slim 120GB doesn't turn on right away

0 replies 110 views Edited Nov 13, 2011

So I came home one day and I walked by the PS3 and I noticed the little red light wasn't on.  So I checked the power cord and pulled it out and plugged it back in and it came back on.  I turned it on and it turned right off.  I did that a few times and it finally stayed on but I couldn't hear the fan running or the hard disk turn on, but it finally did after about 2 to 3 minutes and that's just how it's been since.

So everytime I turn it on, it beeps as if I was turning it on normally, it lights up normally but nothing starts actually running for 2 to 3 minutes.  I did a quick format and a complete format.  I opened it up and checked all the connections and cleaned all the dust out.  I'm wondering if there's anything I can do or if someone knows exactly what's wrong with it before I contact Sony.  I don't have it under warranty or anything so I'm trying my best.  I'm not too saavy on the inner workings of computers but I can take them apart and put them back together correctly and understand what I'm looking at.

Help!

Message 1 of 1 (110 Views)
0 Likes