First Son
4 posts

Re: PS3 SLIM DISC DRIVE NOISE??

Nov 11, 2009
I too have noticed how loud the new PS3 Slim 250 gb is when loading games. I have not tried a BR movie, but my Uncharted 2 zipps about like an old ink printer and it continues through the game as it access info. My old PS3 40gb was very quiet (and just as fast). Also, the fan is noticeable as it churns steadily and constantly. Quite annoying. Called Sony and their tech sid that they have not been given the chance to  work with the new Slims and was clueless.
Message 11 of 19 (643 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Nov 11, 2009
Jboy your caps lock is broken.
Message 12 of 19 (643 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 12, 2009
Only played Infamous and NHL10.  I had this clicking noice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc8NHDCX-JQ&feature=related with NHL. I tried the game on an other slim and I heard the exact same noise.  But since NHL last update, this issue seems to be fixed.. 
Message 13 of 19 (643 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5010 posts

Nov 12, 2009

HanSolo wrote:
i don't know if its just me, but I think my ps3 slim blue ray drive talks to me.....

I hope it's saying return me and get another hahahahah cause your drive isn't suppose to be making wired noses...

Message 14 of 19 (643 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 10, 2010

Yea, i have this sometimes. When i feed the disk into the PS3 slim, it does this clicking noise then 5 seconds later it takes in the disk fully, it's although when i feed it into the disk slot, it doesn't capture the disk where it needs to be. Anybody else have this problem???

Message 15 of 19 (643 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 10, 2010

Yes. Mine does to

I am worried, is it worth taking in for repairs?

Message 16 of 19 (643 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 11, 2010
Have bought slim 120g today. and noticed bluray drive noise while playing FIFA 10)
Quite paranoid... was thinking to replace it, but after reading all forums, assume mine ps3 is ok for slim.
Message 17 of 19 (643 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 15, 2012

I am sending my pos ps3 in for repair. Brand new 320gb and 3 hours in it began making that terrible grinding scratching clicking noise from the disc drive. feels like its getting hot. fan sounds like it has a short in it or it just cuts on and off when the disc drive is messing up. I dont know. i do know the thing has some problems. But seeing as it is only ONE day old I have already contacted sony and will be sending it in very soon. I am waiting for my box in the mail. A little noise is ok from a disc drive but not when it sounds like somthing is mechanically failed. DISSAPOINTED to say the least. If your ps3 is making clicking grinding scratching noises louder then what you think it should be i would be contacting sony also

Message 18 of 19 (643 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
30 posts

Feb 16, 2012

What game were you playing when this happened?  I have a brand new 320gb as well and mine goes click......click...click..click.clickclickclickclickclick brrrrrrrrrrrrnnn (like a grinding at the end), and then restart that all over.  It constantly does this as I play through Kingdoms of Amalur.  It is pretty faint but still a very noticeable noise.  I think you will probably get back your PS3 though and it will make the same exact noise.  From what I have heard...it's strangely normal. 

Also on a side note LOADED_GLOCK45, if you let your game sit on the pause menu, see if when your disc stops spinning it makes this horrible loud BRRRRRREEEEERRRRRRNNNNNT grinding noise?  Mine does that and it always worries me.

Message 19 of 19 (643 Views)
0 Likes