Highlighted
Apr 28 2013
By: kagealchemist First Son 2 posts

PS3 Replacement Game Cases Problem

0 replies 366 views Edited Apr 28, 2013

I recently decided to replace some of my PS3 game cases that are messed up and scratched etc.. These are all used games that I primarily got at Game Stop. I was a bit picky and only wanted to get the cases with the actual Playstation 3 logo written across the top. I realize new games now do not have this but the cases I wanted to replace were older and did have them.

Anyways, I finally found some new ones and ordered them off ebay. These exact ones:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-New-Original-Sony-PlayStation-3-Game-Case-Blu-Ray-Case-w-Artwork-Sleeve-P...

I received them in the mail and they all seemed to be in almost perfect condition. I decided to try one and the first game I tried replacing in the new case was Rainbow Six Vegas. Everything was going great until I put the insert artwork into the case. After I closed the case I noticed that it did not fit properly. The artwork was a bit curled on the top and bottom of the case, as if the case was ever so slightly smaller. I took out the insert and compared the new case carefully to the old one, and sure enough the width of the new case was just a tiny bit smaller, by maybe a millimeter. It is almost impossible to notice without looking for it carefully. The length and height of the case appear to be the same but not the width.

I tried putting the insert artwork into several of the other new cases from my order and they all had the same problem. I then decided to try a couple other of my old games and they too had the same problem in my new cases.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? It is really quite frustrating as the cases look perfect and appear as if they should work. I am going to contact the ebay seller and see if they can help me with the matter at all. Any feedback would be appreciated. Sorry this became so long.

Message 1 of 1 (366 Views)
0 Likes