Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Re: PS3 Questions

May 21, 2011

So where exactly did you get this boat load of evidence on this?  Because it's all wrong...  I've had my slim for over a year use it almost everyday and havn't had any of the problems you've listed.  The old models have a cooling problem but that's just due to it being old and dust collecting in it.  It's an easy fix if you can take things apart though.  You'll prob be buying a slim and it's by far the most reliable unit they have made.  Cons: some exclusives you'll be missing.  Pros: Some exclusives only for the PS3.  Free online use.

Message 11 of 62 (42 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1344 posts

May 21, 2011

smstevenms wrote:

The CONS

Really can't think of any that aren't personal pet peeves (ie enhancements of current features.)

The Pros

It's Black and Shiny

It plays some kickash games

Controllers feel comfortable

Bluetooth headset works perfect

Perfect fitting, lightweight keypad that attaches to controller.

Easy rechargeable devices

Games are not part of the Pros of the PS3. It's a personal perference to what games you want. Besides, both the PS3 and Xbox 360 get the same Multiplatform games. And both have Exclusive games.

I have to agree on the controller. Then again, It's personal perference. If you were a previous Xbox owner, the controller might not be comfortable yet until you get used to it. Once you do, you will like It. When I used the 360 controller, It felt fat and I was more used to the PS3 controller.

Message 12 of 62 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

May 21, 2011

Games are a PRO! Otherwise I'd buy nearly equal amount of games for both my PS3 and 360, I choose PS3 games. The exclusives, IMO, are better on the PS3. The 360 controller is fat and bulky and will mess up your comfort when switching back to the PS3 controller. My right thumb has trouble manuvering to the start button without bumping the R3 stick, after a few hours or days of playing with the 360.

Most of my games are exclusives, the rest are just fillers.

Great work PD so far, keep the DLC coming!

Get your Portable ID!
Message 13 of 62 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

May 21, 2011

Sorry this is late, I was doing some house work

@ne1atall:

Hmm...Is it possible to buy a "new" old model? Or is it only possible to get a old model used? It sounds like both systems have equal, um, "problems" against them. I have a lot of PS2 games and PS1 games, but I do still have three PS2s and a PS1 console, so maybe the phat versions should be the one I buy. But I'm not sure, I've never made this kind of console decision before. I most play Snes and N64 xD

@Ix_DarkDragon_:

Is the laser an easy fix, or does it need to be sent it to be fixed? The laser died four times on my PS2, but I was able to open and adjust the eyes/parts and it worked. But I'm guessing its really different in the PS3, huh? To clean a system, can an owner clean it themselves, or do they have to send it in?

When opening up to change the thermal, if I had to at whatever time needed, are there steps to take? Tools I will need? I don't know what to look up to get started to learn

Thank you very much for the information on internet connections, DarkDragon I will be sure to research all of this as well.

@smstevenms:

I played God of War III on a demo PS3 and remember loving how the control felt. I didn't get to try anything else, though.

I agree; keep butt games. The PS3 sounds really good, besides a few "ehs".

I can get use to controllers fast. Except 360 controllers. They are too big for my hands xD

Message 14 of 62 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10878 posts

May 21, 2011
  1. PS3 failure rate is low. Far lower then its main competition
  2. There are plenty of PS1 games on the store
  3. I have had the YLOD once, and and again PS3's fail much less then other consoles.
  4. I have had no issues with it
  5. Yes, but a quick google search can help with that

@Jim777PS
Message 15 of 62 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

May 22, 2011

Okay...I think I will get a Slim. If I want to play PS2 games, or even PS1 games, I have my PS2 consoles, which can be easily fixed if broken, to play them on.

Thank you so much guys! It means a lot! You helped me a lot!

I don't know what to do or say to show my gratitude...If I could rep you guys, I would. So here's an image for you all! :33

Message 16 of 62 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

May 22, 2011

I bought the collectors edition which has GOW 1 & 2 then had to get GOW 3. I'd say this should be your first purchase. The Platinums are obtainable. As for the PS3's reliability, I would say if it doesn't fail or act up within the warrenty period you've got a solid unit.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 17 of 62 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

May 22, 2011

well you have to open the system up to do it so if you arnts technical you should probally just buy a new ps3 slim.  They have better blueray lasers in them than the fats do.  I had to replace my 60 gb blue ray laser 2 times now since march.

The slims have overall good technology in them.

Message 18 of 62 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

May 22, 2011

I think you goofed on this post, he looking to buy his first PS3 not to replace a broken one.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 19 of 62 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

May 22, 2011

Yes, I am looking to buy my very first PS3 console. But I think dosel123 was replying to my "if it broke after warranty, what would I have to do?" part

I have taken apart PS2s a hundred thousand times and fully fixed them to play PS1 and PS2 games again, so if its not too much of a death risc, I think I could handle fixing it if it broke after warranty. That is, if there is a good guide for a Dyslexic to read >.>

@smstevenms:

By collectors edition, do you mean the games or a collectors edition system bundle?

*P.S. I'm a girl. *

Message 20 of 62 (42 Views)
0 Likes