Dec 30 2011
By: MorbidxSlayer First Son 2 posts

PS3 Physically not accepting disks.

4 replies 88 views Edited Dec 30, 2011

Hey, I got an older 80gb PS3 *Upgraded HDD* That doesn't physically accept disks. I tried asking the "Officials" but They didn't even read my e-mail and responded about not reading disks.

It's out of Warranty and has been opened.

When I start putting a disk in, the laser/IR sensor that reads if a disk is being inserted works fine. The Eject light flashes, and it beeps like it's going to take the disk, but nothing else happens, I've taken apart the Drive to make sure none of the gears are stuck, which none are.

I've also tried holding down the Eject button for 15 seconds, but all that happens is it emits a high pitched noise.

I'm starting to think it may be a blown drive motor, but I wanted to know if anyone else had this issue, and a way to resolve it.

Thanks for any and all help,

Robert

Message 1 of 5 (88 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28977 posts

Re: PS3 Physically not accepting disks.

Dec 30, 2011

Obviously something is wrong with the mechanism. Of course, that's only a guess on my part. Because you opened it and it's out of warranty, you're going to have to pay to get it fixed. You emailed support, did you try picking up the phone and calling them?

Message 2 of 5 (88 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Dec 30, 2011
Message 3 of 5 (88 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 30, 2011

I have tried, but after waiting long periods of time I decided to go to the forums.

The thing is, It doesn't seems to be even trying to move the gears, like it has very little power.

And the gears are all fine, I've triple checked them against what it should move/look like.

Message 4 of 5 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3399 posts

Dec 30, 2011

you can either find a replacement bluray drive online, or send it in to Sony and get it fixed..hopefully you still have warranty.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 5 (88 Views)
0 Likes