Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: PS3 Password Question!

Jul 31, 2008

Here's the Playstation Account Manager Password Recovery.  It should work the same way as on the PS3.

https://store.playstation.com/accounts/manage/beginPasswordResetFlow.action?target=login

Message 11 of 21 (112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jul 31, 2008

SystemOvADown wrote:
Remember that the PSN passwords are letters and numbers. so you might have used a pass that you use for other stuff but added numbers to the end and forgot.

thats what I thought, but I changed it one day and the next day I forgot what I changed it to.  I thought I changed it to one thing, but it didnt work when I put it in.  

Message 12 of 21 (112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jul 31, 2008

Solar wrote:

Here's the Playstation Account Manager Password Recovery.  It should work the same way as on the PS3.

https://store.playstation.com/accounts/manage/beginPasswordResetFlow.action?target=login

Thanks for the link, now is there any way to find out what Date of Birth I put down, haha.  Could sony give me that?  It looks like I wont get this password back anytime soon. 

Message 13 of 21 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Jul 31, 2008

MeatballSub wrote:

Solar wrote:

Thanks for the link, now is there any way to find out what Date of Birth I put down, haha.  Could sony give me that?  It looks like I wont get this password back anytime soon. 

lol, sorry, but now it sounds like you are trying to hack someone's account.

Birthdate and the Secret Question answer are security questions.   The owner of an account needs to provide that information to gain access.  Sony won't give you the security information so that you can just give it right back to them to gain access to an account.

It just doesn't work that way.

Message 14 of 21 (112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jul 31, 2008

Solar wrote:

MeatballSub wrote:

Solar wrote:

Birthdate and the Secret Question answer are security questions.   The owner of an account needs to provide that information to gain access.  Sony won't give you the security information so that you can just give it right back to them to gain access to an account.

Yeah, I hear you.  It really does seem like I am trying to hack an account lol.  I was just being lazy I guess when entering my info.  

Message 15 of 21 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Jul 31, 2008

Sucks, but when you are creating random accounts, or accounts for something that you are not old enough for, you really should use info close to what you'd normally use.

Same birthdate, but different year so you meet the age requirements, like someone else said, same passwords, but with different numbers and such, email addresses that you can have access to, even if its an email that you use just to register stuff, so all spam goes to that e-mail and not another one you use for personal/business stuff.

Or, if it comes to it... keep a log of all your account info for stuff like this, and keep it locked up safely.  Don't even have write all account info down, just enough to jog your memory when you read it.

Message 16 of 21 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
539 posts

Jul 31, 2008

MeatballSub wrote:

Solar wrote:

MeatballSub wrote:

Solar wrote:

Yeah, I hear you.  It really does seem like I am trying to hack an account lol.  I was just being lazy I guess when entering my info.  

Just to give you a heads up, giving false information is against the PSN Terms of Use. It is not my intention to flame here but being lazy is not an excuse for entering false information. It only takes a couple of button presses to enter the correct information. 

Message 17 of 21 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Jul 31, 2008

Ninja_9tails wrote:

Just to give you a heads up, giving false information is against the PSN Terms of Use. It is not my intention to flame here but being lazy is not an excuse for entering false information. It only takes a couple of button presses to enter the correct information. 

Right, but a lot of kids and teens enter different birthdates so they meet age requirements for things.  You can't do anything about that, unfortunately.

Message 18 of 21 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
539 posts

Jul 31, 2008

Solar wrote:

Ninja_9tails wrote:

Right, but a lot of kids and teens enter different birthdates so they meet age requirements for things.  You can't do anything about that, unfortunately.

Yes this is very true, but you would think that these people would at least be intelligent enough to use the same day and month and just choose the exact year that would make them 18. I don't have a lot of sympathy for someone who doesn't know what birthdate he put in. 

Edit: It should be noted that I don't have any sympathy whatsoever for anyone who intentionally entered false information for any reason. 
Message Edited by Ninja_9tails on 07-31-2008 01:22 PM
Message 19 of 21 (112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 4, 2012

make a new email account wid the email u used to sign up 2 psn with then click forgot password put the information in and they will send u an email to the email account u set up then u can reset password

Message 20 of 21 (105 Views)
0 Likes