Reply
Jul 31 2008
By: GoclFaThEr First Son 12 posts
Offline

PS3 Password Question!

20 replies 1564 views Edited Jul 31, 2008

Hi, I just have a question that I would like to get your advice on.

 

I have forgotten my password to my account on my PS3 so I can't change it. It is not a huge deal to me because I have it set where I sign-in automatically once I turn my PS3 on. I just hate not knowing my password to things because if I ever want to change it I can't. I know I can get my password back by going to my email and having them send me my password, but stupid me, I put an invalid email down because I never thought I would forget my password. ( I deserve to be flamed for that )

 

Now my question is, if I call Sony, do you think they will be able to tell me my password if I tell them my email that I put down. I did buy a lot of things from the PS Store. I am going to try to call, I just wanted to see if anybody thought it would be pointless or worth a shot.

 

Thanks for any help given!

 

Message 1 of 21 (1,564 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/07/2008
Offline
4147 posts
 

Re: PS3 Password Question!

Jul 31, 2008

MeatballSub wrote:

Hi, I just have a question that I would like to get your advice on.

 

I have forgotten my password to my account on my PS3 so I can't change it. It is not a huge deal to me because I have it set where I sign-in automatically once I turn my PS3 on. I just hate not knowing my password to things because if I ever want to change it I can't. I know I can get my password back by going to my email and having them send me my password, but stupid me, I put an invalid email down because I never thought I would forget my password. ( I deserve to be flamed for that )

 

Now my question is, if I call Sony, do you think they will be able to tell me my password if I tell them my email that I put down. I did buy a lot of things from the PS Store. I am going to try to call, I just wanted to see if anybody thought it would be pointless or worth a shot.

 

Thanks for any help given!

 


 

Dont have any help, but I can relate....I did the same thing with Myspace, cuz I didnt want all those annoying e-mails.  Now I don't use it at all, because i dont know my password, LOL.
Message 2 of 21 (1,564 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 03/10/2008
Offline
19370 posts
 

Re: PS3 Password Question!

Jul 31, 2008

The PSN system won't send you your password by e-mail.

 

You go to sign in, but don't sign in.  Click the forgot password button, and enter information, hopefully you remember that...  It'll have e-mail, birthdate, and secrete question answer.

 

Assuming you enter everything correctly, it will ask you to enter a new password.  It won't try to e-mail you your existing password.

Message 3 of 21 (1,564 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/27/2008
Offline
1066 posts
 

Re: PS3 Password Question!

Jul 31, 2008

LOL !!! LMFAO !!!!! that will show u what to do next time LOL !!!

Killzone Pictures, Images and Photos

Signature removed by Admin due to girl on girl on me action
Message 4 of 21 (1,564 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/31/2008
Offline
12 posts
 

Re: PS3 Password Question!

Jul 31, 2008


Solar wrote:

The PSN system won't send you your password by e-mail.

 

You go to sign in, but don't sign in.  Click the forgot password button, and enter information, hopefully you remember that...  It'll have e-mail, birthdate, and secrete question answer.

 

Assuming you enter everything correctly, it will ask you to enter a new password.  It won't try to e-mail you your existing password.


Yeah, I guess I worded it wrong.  But my problem is I put down an invalid email address so  that is why I am wondering if I call Sony, will they be able to give me my password?

Message 5 of 21 (1,564 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 03/10/2008
Offline
19370 posts
 

Re: PS3 Password Question!

Jul 31, 2008

I guess I worded mine wrong too.  The system won't give anyone the password.  A Sony employee won't give out password information, not only because it is not secure, but also because they do not have access to those passwords.

 

The only thing that can be done is to reset the password.  Don't know if you can do that by calling Sony, but you can do it directly from the PS3, or from a website online for the PSN.

Message 6 of 21 (1,564 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/31/2008
Offline
12 posts
 

Re: PS3 Password Question!

Jul 31, 2008


Solar wrote:

I guess I worded mine wrong too.  The system won't give anyone the password.  A Sony employee won't give out password information, not only because it is not secure, but also because they do not have access to those passwords.

 

The only thing that can be done is to reset the password.  Don't know if you can do that by calling Sony, but you can do it directly from the PS3, or from a website online for the PSN.


Ahh, I see.  Would I need to know anything about my account to get my password reset?   Because like I said, my email address is useless.  If I dont need my email, what is the website, or how do you do it off of the PS3 itself.

Message 7 of 21 (1,564 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 03/10/2008
Offline
19370 posts
 

Re: PS3 Password Question!

Jul 31, 2008

MeatballSub wrote:


Solar wrote:

I guess I worded mine wrong too.  The system won't give anyone the password.  A Sony employee won't give out password information, not only because it is not secure, but also because they do not have access to those passwords.

 

The only thing that can be done is to reset the password.  Don't know if you can do that by calling Sony, but you can do it directly from the PS3, or from a website online for the PSN.


Ahh, I see.  Would I need to know anything about my account to get my password reset?   Because like I said, my email address is useless.  If I dont need my email, what is the website, or how do you do it off of the PS3 itself.


 

Well, like I said, the system doesn't e-mail any information, so if you know your invalid email, that will still work.

 

From the PS3, sign off, then go back to sign in and choose the Forgot Password link.  Then, enter your information:  email address, birthdate, secret question answer.  Then, it will tell you to enter a new password.  Simple as that.

 

I don't know the URL to do it, someone else might.

Message Edited by Solar on 07-31-2008 10:31 AM
Message 8 of 21 (1,564 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/31/2008
Offline
12 posts
 

Re: PS3 Password Question!

Jul 31, 2008

Solar wrote:

MeatballSub wrote:


Solar wrote:

I guess I worded mine wrong too.  The system won't give anyone the password.  A Sony employee won't give out password information, not only because it is not secure, but also because they do not have access to those passwords.

 

The only thing that can be done is to reset the password.  Don't know if you can do that by calling Sony, but you can do it directly from the PS3, or from a website online for the PSN.


Ahh, I see.  Would I need to know anything about my account to get my password reset?   Because like I said, my email address is useless.  If I dont need my email, what is the website, or how do you do it off of the PS3 itself.


 

Well, like I said, the system doesn't e-mail any information, so if you know your invalid email, that will still work.

 

From the PS3, sign off, then go back to sign in and choose the Forgot Password link.  Then, enter your information:  email address, birthdate, secret question answer.  Then, it will tell you to enter a new password.  Simple as that.

 

I don't know the URL to do it, someone else might.

Message Edited by Solar on 07-31-2008 10:31 AM

oh, Ok.  I will try that.  Thanks a bunch!

Message 9 of 21 (1,564 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/13/2008
Offline
12 posts
 

Re: PS3 Password Question!

Jul 31, 2008
Remember that the PSN passwords are letters and numbers. so you might have used a pass that you use for other stuff but added numbers to the end and forgot.
Message 10 of 21 (1,564 Views)
0 Likes