Treasure Hunter
5700 posts

Re: PS3/PS4 Games in 3D

May 1, 2013

DangowCAN wrote:

Oh, here it is the news that I have read in the past.

"3D was a big thing a couple of years ago — we made it a big thing because it was lead by the consumer electronics side of Sony and we liked what we could do on PS3 using 3D stereoscopic," Yoshida said. "But now the consumer electronics side of Sony, or all of the companies have shifted focus from 3D TV to something else, so if they're not talking about it, why would we?"

Source: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/21/playstation-4-wont-support-4k-games-3d-not-a-focus

I think that people have not responded to 3D as enthusiastically as developers would have wanted. It's the same with movies. A lot of big budget movies do not ever release in 3D any more simply because they don't like it. True they can charge more in the theatres but for games most people I talk to do not really care ery much for it.

I personally neither hate, nor like 3D. Sure it adds something to the experience, but not enough in my opinion to warrant a 3D TV or a  ticket to a 3D movie. Some care for it, but I think it's just another option if you care to explore it, not a must have.

Cheers, Brrnout

PS MVPs: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Proud to be an MVP and serving our community since June 2010
Message 11 of 12 (237 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Re: PS3/PS4 Games in 3D

May 1, 2013

Brrnout wrote:

DangowCAN wrote:

Oh, here it is the news that I have read in the past.

"3D was a big thing a couple of years ago — we made it a big thing because it was lead by the consumer electronics side of Sony and we liked what we could do on PS3 using 3D stereoscopic," Yoshida said. "But now the consumer electronics side of Sony, or all of the companies have shifted focus from 3D TV to something else, so if they're not talking about it, why would we?"

Source: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/21/playstation-4-wont-support-4k-games-3d-not-a-focus

I think that people have not responded to 3D as enthusiastically as developers would have wanted. It's the same with movies. A lot of big budget movies do not ever release in 3D any more simply because they don't like it. True they can charge more in the theatres but for games most people I talk to do not really care ery much for it.

I personally neither hate, nor like 3D. Sure it adds something to the experience, but not enough in my opinion to warrant a 3D TV or a  ticket to a 3D movie. Some care for it, but I think it's just another option if you care to explore it, not a must have.

Cheers, Brrnout

Yeah, I kind feel the same in some points of what you said. I am not a big fan of 3D Movies on theatre. Sometimes I feel actually even more dizzy than anything. But when its about playing the game with stereoscopic option, I do liked playing in some friends tv. But again, the point is that I don't know if its still worth to buy a 3D TV just for that, considering that even the other companies don't know anymore if they will be focusing in this technology for next gen or not.

Anyway, I really appreciate all answers over here, guys. Thanks! Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 12 (234 Views)
0 Likes