Apr 30 2013
By: DangowCAN First Son 11 posts

PS3/PS4 Games in 3D

11 replies 2395 views Edited Apr 30, 2013

Hi guys, what's up?

I have a question and I was wondering if you can help me with that. Some months ago I read somewhere online that Sony has no plans to keep developing games with the 3D option on it. So, people with 3D televisions will end up not using it anymore to play PS3.

My question is if someone knows if Sony is really not planning to give the 3D Option for new games released for PS3 and PS4. And if so, is it still worth to buy a 3D TV? 

*I really wanted to replay Uncharted 3, but this time in 3D. But don't make sense to buy a 3D TV just to play THIS ONE game.

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 12 (2,395 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11352 posts

Re: PS3/PS4 Games in 3D

Apr 30, 2013

DangowCAN wrote:

Hi guys, what's up?

I have a question and I was wondering if you can help me with that. Some months ago I read somewhere online that Sony has no plans to keep developing games with the 3D option on it. So, people with 3D televisions will end up not using it anymore to play PS3.

My question is if someone knows if Sony is really not planning to give the 3D Option for new games released for PS3 and PS4. And if so, is it still worth to buy a 3D TV? 

*I really wanted to replay Uncharted 3, but this time in 3D. But don't make sense to buy a 3D TV just to play THIS ONE game.

Thanks! 

Sony hasn't specifically addressed this question, but I would assume that the PS4 will continue to support 3D-BD (movies), so continuing to support 3D games would probably follow suit.  As for Uncharted 3, you wouldn't be able to play it on a PS4, anyway, as the PS4 will not be backward compatible (at least natively).  You would still need your PS3 for that.

Message 2 of 12 (2,385 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41713 posts

Apr 30, 2013

DangowCAN wrote:

Hi guys, what's up?

Thanks! 

Hey DangowCAN, Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

I have a 55' 3D LED TV, It's a Samsung & I'm love with it lol!

Seriously though we do, I played UC3 in 3D on it & personally I thought it was pretty bloody good!

There are a number of PSN games in Stereoscopic 3D too, so it's not only games that Sony are producing.

As for Sony's support, from what I have read Sony are 'happy' with what they did for 3D with the PS3 but it is not one of their priorities for the PS4, it appears they may be leaving it up to the individual developer to decide if they want to add 3D functionality.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 3 of 12 (2,383 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10131 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2013

Never heard that from them, I still see new games being released in 3d as well.

Here's a list of all 3d supported games

http://www.3dtested.com/3d-ps3-games-list/

Message 4 of 12 (2,379 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Apr 30, 2013

I think I remember Sony saying 3D won't be a major focus. Can someone confirm this?

Message 5 of 12 (2,374 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11352 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Emerald_Swords wrote:

Of all the games I have played in 3D, I would say Assassin's Creed III, aside from all the other bugs, is probably the best 3D-rendered game of the lot.  Uncharted 3 is outstanding, as well.

Message 6 of 12 (2,370 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10131 posts

Apr 30, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

Emerald_Swords wrote:

Of all the games I have played in 3D, I would say Assassin's Creed III, aside from all the other bugs, is probably the best 3D-rendered game of the lot.  Uncharted 3 is outstanding, as well.

I really want to see those games in 3D, especially Killzone3. I'm probably going to be getting that 24 inch(i think?) 3dtv for my room.

Message 7 of 12 (2,366 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Emerald_Swords wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

Emerald_Swords wrote:

I really want to see those games in 3D, especially Killzone3. I'm probably going to be getting that 24 inch(i think?) 3dtv for my room.

I have it, get a game audio headset.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 8 of 12 (2,359 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 30, 2013

WOW! I went to lunch and I got back and there was loads of answers already. HAHA. Pretty cool community this one.

Well, first, thanks everyone for all answers.

As Icestar10 said, I though I have heard Sony saying 3D won't be a major focus neither, that's why I wanted to confirm before I actually buy a new TV with 3D.

But if other developers will probably keep this option on PS3 and PS4, I will probably go with a 3D TV as well tho.

I am pretty excited to try that list of games with the stereoscopic option. 

Thanks guys, have a good one. ;D

Message 9 of 12 (2,350 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Oh, here it is the news that I have read in the past.

"3D was a big thing a couple of years ago — we made it a big thing because it was lead by the consumer electronics side of Sony and we liked what we could do on PS3 using 3D stereoscopic," Yoshida said. "But now the consumer electronics side of Sony, or all of the companies have shifted focus from 3D TV to something else, so if they're not talking about it, why would we?"

Source: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/02/21/playstation-4-wont-support-4k-games-3d-not-a-focus

Message 10 of 12 (2,344 Views)
0 Likes