Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
8341 posts

Re: PS3 OBSOLETE !!!

Feb 26, 2013

pfp1935 wrote:

Pretty soon I won't be able to play online with the games I have . I just bought a new ps3 my other one got stolen , if I knew they were comming out with ps4 so soon wouldn't have bought it . 300 plus dollars that I threw in the trash . Not to mention the 1000.00 of dollars spent for online games plus headsets . Basically worthless once ps4 start up and ps3 slowly looses all it psn servers . Think I might go back to playing cards or board games . I just can't afford wasting my money like this anymore . Sorry sony I think my gameing days are almost over I quess all good things do come to an end GOOD BYE EVERYONE .....

Just spend another $1000 on games and quit whinning.

Just keep throwing money around like a king pin, its what all the cool kids do.

Make it rain on that PS4!!

(Seriously I apologize for the guys giving you a hard time, spoiled kids who never worked for anything will never get it, and the rest have too much money for their own good.  We have a right to be upset, these haters should be trying to fix the issue, not cover it up with defensive crud)

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 23 (247 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9599 posts

Feb 26, 2013
Spartan is actually pretty incorrect and according to Sonys books, the PS2 went on to sell over 54 million more units between fiscal years of 2006 to 2011. That's not far off of what the PS3 sold during the very same time frame. Add the fact that the PS2 didn't officially discontinue until Jan 2013, the number of post PS3 launch PS2's is even higher.

Now unlike last gen, there is a huge marketplace full of games and media which makes PS3 support even more relevant next gen.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 23 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8341 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:
Spartan is actually pretty incorrect and according to Sonys books, the PS2 went on to sell over 54 million more units between fiscal years of 2006 to 2011. That's not far off of what the PS3 sold during the very same time frame. Add the fact that the PS2 didn't officially discontinue until Jan 2013, the number of post PS3 launch PS2's is even higher.

Now unlike last gen, there is a huge marketplace full of games and media which makes PS3 support even more relevant next gen.

Wow.  The PS2 was already the stop selling console of all time at about 150 million sold.  So the number must be at or over 200 million now!

Thats crazy, but it makes sense, PS2 was the best there was for a long long time, even today on SD tv's its an amazing console with amazing games.  I just hate to see them on my 61" 1080p tv via PS2, looks like crap.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 23 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Feb 26, 2013

First of all I didn't just get my ps3 like I said it got stolen and I bought a new one . Bad timeing if I only knew would have waited for ps4 to come out . Didn't know it was comming out so soon . And mabe the reason the sales were so high for ps2 is because I went through 3 , sony never fixed the other 2 to work properly . I'm not used to throwing my money away , but some how sony sucked me in . A LESSON LEARNED I GUESS ....

photo BOSTONRED_zps198fa9ed.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 23 (232 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3101 posts

Feb 26, 2013
OK so that means you would have rather waited until the PS4 to come out instead of buying another ps3? What would you have done with all your ps3 games and stuff? The PS4 won't play PS3 games so that means you will have to be board and play nothing until the ps4 comes out in November (ifs that's the month) Just enjoy your investment, the PS3 is a great system with lots of classic games and replay value . Not really sure why you are mad, just be mad at the person who stole your system.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 23 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Feb 27, 2013

whoa settle down there cowboy. ps3 will still be kicking strong after the ps4 is released. alot of players are just not ready for it yet. alot of players will suck the life of their ps3 console before they switch. im so impressed with the ps4 can do but its not without its faults. i mean how hard is it to have a console that can play regular cd's. ps4 cant. not saying its a deal breaker. but there is games out there that will be still coming out for us to enjoy. diablo 3 is stated to come out to the ps3 as well as the ps4. im sure theres a few others and im sure the next COD game will release for all systems too. kingdom hearts 1.5 HD is coming out around the same time ps4 hits as well. the point is sony is not microsoft. they continue the support of older console games until they cant any more. hell last month is when they offically declared that ps2's life cycle was gone. remember how xbox went down the toilet when 360 was announced? game values dropped low and game stores wouldnt take the games any more for that system. game stores are JUST now doing away with ps2 games. i remember buying a ps2 rpg back in 08 or 09 called "so long my love" or something like that. for me there's just so many games i havent finished or havent played yet for the ps3. as long as theres still around 5 or 6 yrs left ill stick by the beast until its time to put it sleep from old age.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 23 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Boy did I open up a can of worms . I 've been playing since that frist game came out in the 70s . That padlle thing cant remember the name . Just tired of changes and having to spend more $$ to upgrade . Won't be able to play friends who have ps4 from my ps3 . On a fixed income may take quite a while to save up for this PS4 . Oh well life goes on for now thanks for everyones input ..........

photo BOSTONRED_zps198fa9ed.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 23 (192 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3101 posts

Feb 27, 2013
Sorry I wasn't trying to be a bad person but we are just tired of these kinds of threads being created. I myself would pay a lil more if the PS4 had PS3 BC. I walked into best buy in January 2007, dropped $849 for the 60gb PS3, an extra controller, Resistance fall of man and a 2 year warranty. I liked the fact my PS3 is BC for the 2 older systems and glad I made that decision but there's nothing any of us can do about it and just have to wait and see how the streaming of PS1,2,3 games work for PS4.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 23 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Feb 27, 2013

pfp1935 wrote:

Pretty soon I won't be able to play online with the games I have .(...) Sorry sony I think my gameing days are almost over I quess all good things do come to an end GOOD BYE EVERYONE .....

Actually, the publishers who want to earn money will keep publishing a ps3 and a ps4 version of the same games. It's going to cling on for many years..

(Sony might still decide to ban the ps3s off the psn, just to personally **bleep** us, though. Certainly is a precendence for that happening.)

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 23 (173 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15461 posts

Feb 27, 2013

fleinn wrote:

pfp1935 wrote:

Pretty soon I won't be able to play online with the games I have .(...) Sorry sony I think my gameing days are almost over I quess all good things do come to an end GOOD BYE EVERYONE .....

Actually, the publishers who want to earn money will keep publishing a ps3 and a ps4 version of the same games. It's going to cling on for many years..

(Sony might still decide to ban the ps3s off the psn, just to personally **bleep** us, though. Certainly is a precendence for that happening.)

Thats suicide

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 23 (156 Views)