Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 26 2013
By: pfp1935 Lombax Warrior 186 posts

PS3 OBSOLETE !!!

22 replies 1947 views Edited Feb 26, 2013

Pretty soon I won't be able to play online with the games I have . I just bought a new ps3 my other one got stolen , if I knew they were comming out with ps4 so soon wouldn't have bought it . 300 plus dollars that I threw in the trash . Not to mention the 1000.00 of dollars spent for online games plus headsets . Basically worthless once ps4 start up and ps3 slowly looses all it psn servers . Think I might go back to playing cards or board games . I just can't afford wasting my money like this anymore . Sorry sony I think my gameing days are almost over I quess all good things do come to an end GOOD BYE EVERYONE .....

photo BOSTONRED_zps198fa9ed.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (1,947 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7551 posts

Re: PS3 OBSOLETE !!!

Feb 26, 2013
Put this on the "Doom and Gloom" section of the pie chart.

It's not like the PS3 would disappear straight after the PS4 is out, many would still be around playing online games. Heck, even the PS2 has online players still online on the few games they still have up.
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 23 (1,938 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4375 posts

Feb 26, 2013

pfp1935 wrote:

Pretty soon I won't be able to play online with the games I have . I just bought a new ps3 my other one got stolen , if I knew they were comming out with ps4 so soon wouldn't have bought it . 300 plus dollars that I threw in the trash . Not to mention the 1000.00 of dollars spent for online games plus headsets . Basically worthless once ps4 start up and ps3 slowly looses all it psn servers . Think I might go back to playing cards or board games . I just can't afford wasting my money like this anymore . Sorry sony I think my gameing days are almost over I quess all good things do come to an end GOOD BYE EVERYONE .....

Let me ask you this.

How long did Sony officially support the PS2?

Answer; 12 years.

So the PS3 will be supported at least that long, if not longer.

How old will the PS3 be at the time of the PS4 launch?

Answer; 7 years.

Now for some basic math.  12-7=5

So you will most likely be able to enjoy your PS3 for another 5 years at least.

You're welcome.

Be One With The Game.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 23 (1,933 Views)
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Feb 26, 2013
wrong he is rioght i tell you why ps2 was easy to make games for same for every other console make the ps3 is real **bleep** hard to make games for so onlest is Sony them self making games for it i wont see it happening ps3 will die i will say it one more time cuz of the CELL PROSESOR PS3 WILL DIE no dev will put there time on it went they can work whit the ps4 wish will be easy to make games for cuz it wont have a cell it will have a reguler cpu so **bleep** will go back to that days of ps2 and xbox ps3 is to **bleep** hard to work whit onlest devs like naughty and santa stay whit it i dont see no more games coming for it other then that ones that are oready coming for it or o0n that work SORRY FOR MY Spelling
 photo f797777c-46dc-4bc6-aa23-257ca99d60c6_zps6040a0e4.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 23 (1,926 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16764 posts

Feb 26, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 23 (1,925 Views)
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Feb 26, 2013
if it was not for how LAZY DEVS HAVE TURN OUT TO BE ON THIS GEN OF CONSOLES THE PS3 MY DO WHAT PS2 DID AND HOLD IT SELF UP FOR 4/5 more years but the faq the ps3 dont get love right now from 3rd party devs what make you think they going to keep working on this hard to make games look us good us xbo 360 games cpu went they can work on the new ps4 and make some kick **bleep** looking games the ps3 is not weeker then that ps4 **bleep** the cpu on the ps3 my be more powerful then that ps4 cpu's or at same level but one thing ps4 will have is easy to work whit not a pain on that asss
 photo f797777c-46dc-4bc6-aa23-257ca99d60c6_zps6040a0e4.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 23 (1,919 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Feb 26, 2013

People can argue about the ten-year PS3 cycle all they want but as soon as the PS4 releases, the PS3's overall commercial value will go down. That's how it is in gaming. We want the latest in hardware and software. Like it or not, the PS3 has been obsolete since 2/21.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 23 (1,901 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
85 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Spartan9199 wrote:

People can argue about the ten-year PS3 cycle all they want but as soon as the PS4 releases, the PS3's overall commercial value will go down. That's how it is in gaming. We want the latest in hardware and software. Like it or not, the PS3 has been obsolete since 2/21.

While you are correct to a point; this statement isn't true in reality. Most gamers don't transfer over to the next gen of consoles till about two years in. This is when the price drops have occured and the first revision of the machine is out not to mention when the games for the new system starts to blow away the last one. I say that if you have a PS3 it wont become obsolete till around 2015-2016.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 23 (1,896 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4375 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Galibis wrote:
wrong he is rioght i tell you why ps2 was easy to make games for same for every other console make the ps3 is real **bleep** hard to make games for so onlest is Sony them self making games for it i wont see it happening ps3 will die i will say it one more time cuz of the CELL PROSESOR PS3 WILL DIE no dev will put there time on it went they can work whit the ps4 wish will be easy to make games for cuz it wont have a cell it will have a reguler cpu so **bleep** will go back to that days of ps2 and xbox ps3 is to **bleep** hard to work whit onlest devs like naughty and santa stay whit it i dont see no more games coming for it other then that ones that are oready coming for it or o0n that work SORRY FOR MY Spelling

First off, learn English please.

Second, if I even understand what you were saying, I'm not talking about new games continuing to be made for the PS3.  I'm addressing the OP's concern that all the games he has bought both disc and network based will no longer work.

Sony will likely support the PS3 as a functional device for as long as they did with the PS2.

Look at the PSP.  The PSP portion of the PS Store is still up and running, and that system was dead even before the Vita came out.

Be One With The Game.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 23 (1,880 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3100 posts

Feb 26, 2013
Aint our fault. Alot of us have had our system for 6 years now and think its a great time for an upgrade. Its your loss you waited so long to buy a ps3. You think there isn't tons and tons of older games that aren't good to play? You think that games won't get a ps3 version because of the ps4? The PS3 will become the lower end system and it will still cost less then the PS4 to make games. Developers know how to make games for the ps3, they been doing it for the past 6 years. The PS4 will cost alot more to develop for because its a new console. Eventually you will start seeing more people making only ps4 games but that's a few years ahead of us. I'm still buying PS1 and PS2 games to play.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 23 (1,873 Views)
0 Likes