Jan 22 2012
By: Mcgnnis Splicer 39 posts

PS3 Not reading Blu-Rays and Games..need help!!!

2 replies 54 views Edited Jan 22, 2012

All right so it started gradually, at first it would take like about 2 or 3 tries before the game opr the blu-ray would be read by my PS3, then it became worse and now it has totally stopped reading my blu-rays and games. However, it plays my old DVDs and the PS2 games prefectly. I even tried usiong those blu-ray lens cleaners, thinking that the dust buildup on my blu-ray lens would be the problem but it still isn't reading the blu-rays and the games.

So i was wondering what should i do? I mean i even reformatted my original HDD( i have another one, 320Gigs which contains most of my games and saves etc) thinking that that might solve the problem but nope, nothing. So i just need some kind of info on how to solve this issue before i send it for repairs.

Message 1 of 3 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Re: PS3 Not reading Blu-Rays and Games..need help!!!

Jan 22, 2012

Since you already tried cleaning it and no change, your PS3 laser is malfunctioning. There are YouTube tutorials on how to replace it.

My 60GB PS3 stopped reading all discs, I ordered a new PS3 laser part online and replaced it myself, pretty straightforward depending on what PS3 model you have.

Message 2 of 3 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
39 posts

Re: PS3 Not reading Blu-Rays and Games..need help!!!

Jan 25, 2012

Its strange really because starteing yesterday, it just started to read all my blu-rays, games and dvds all of a suddern. I mean i dunno what's wrong.

Message 3 of 3 (54 Views)
0 Likes