Mar 30 2009
By: logicalchaos First Son 7 posts

PS3 Leaking. =(

38 replies 766 views Edited Mar 30, 2009

I woke yesterday to find my ps3 controller in a little puddle of what looked like battery acid, I had the controller pulged into the ps3 and i am about 99% postive I turned off my ps3 before I went to bed. But later that day I started to find this acid on every thing, my dvd player "which doesn't work anymore" and my cable box which im pretty sure is broken too. And then I saw spots of it by the ps3's USB ports so I lifted up my ps3 to find a huge puttle of acid, the only reason my ps3 wasn't floating in it was I had my ps3 sitting on a box and given the ps3's weight the box wasn't flat on top it kinda caved in, which let the liquid "pool" so to speak.

So my controller doesn't work but my ps3 seems to be just fine everything is working at the moment. Has anyone ever herd of this happening? I could give crap about my controller and dvd player but my ps3 cant easily be replaced seeing as how I'm out of a job In this economy's golden age.

Message 1 of 39 (766 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Re: PS3 Leaking. =(

Mar 30, 2009
Well that is really bad

Message 2 of 39 (766 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3986 posts

Mar 30, 2009

logicalchaos wrote:

I woke yesterday to find my ps3 controller in a little puddle of what looked like battery acid, I had the controller pulged into the ps3 and i am about 99% postive I turned off my ps3 before I went to bed. But later that day I started to find this acid on every thing, my dvd player "which doesn't work anymore" and my cable box which im pretty sure is broken too. And then I saw spots of it by the ps3's USB ports so I lifted up my ps3 to find a huge puttle of acid, the only reason my ps3 wasn't floating in it was I had my ps3 sitting on a box and given the ps3's weight the box wasn't flat on top it kinda caved in, which let the liquid "pool" so to speak.

So my controller doesn't work but my ps3 seems to be just fine everything is working at the moment. Has anyone ever herd of this happening? I could give crap about my controller and dvd player but my ps3 cant easily be replaced seeing as how I'm out of a job In this economy's golden age.

Wow, dude! I've never heard of anything like that...I didn't even know that Lithium ION batteries had battery acid in em'... Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 39 (766 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Mar 30, 2009
That's just the PS3 relieving itself.
PSP
Message 4 of 39 (766 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Mar 30, 2009
Yeah im very perplexed by the whole thing..... yeah..
Message 5 of 39 (766 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
565 posts

Mar 30, 2009

dotCody wrote:

logicalchaos wrote:

Wow, dude! I've never heard of anything like that...I didn't even know that Lithium ION batteries had battery acid in em'... Smiley Surprised

They don't..

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/lithium-ion-battery.htm

Check out www.crazyrobotgames.com
Message 6 of 39 (766 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2968 posts

Mar 30, 2009
WOW! Never heard of this before.
Message 7 of 39 (766 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Mar 30, 2009
are you absolutely sure its acid? someone coulda spilled something on it, a dog had to use the um....shiny expensive toilet?, or something else. All i can think of is put some baking soda on the "acid" and if it fizzes, then a neutralization reaction is occuring (yay science) meaning it is in fact a acid.
Message 8 of 39 (766 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
500 posts

Mar 30, 2009
do you have any pets of small children re leaving them self's or hell even you we don't judge 
Message 9 of 39 (766 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
263 posts

Mar 30, 2009

The controller doesn't charge when the system is off or in standby. All I have to say is, nice story.

Edit: reading comprehension, I do not have it.

**bleep**, you had it sitting on a box? 
Message Edited by grnday3414 on 03-30-2009 04:06 PM
Message 10 of 39 (766 Views)
0 Likes