Dec 17 2012
By: Luxax First Son 2 posts

PS3 Issue

2 replies 98 views Edited Dec 17, 2012
Muy PS3 is one of the old 40GB models, and has been repaired for the yellow light of doom twice.

But this second time, everytime I try to use Netflix or the PStore, te screen only goes black and doesn't load anything. Same thing when I put a DVD or a game, but con this ones the screen remains at the interface. Any idea what might be happening?

I already did the format and system restore, same thing.
Message 1 of 3 (98 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: PS3 Issue

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

when they repair the YLOD they basically just reflow the motheboard with a heat gun,  I did this to my old day 1 ps3 twice.   first time it worked for about a year, then about 2 months.   after that I just caved in and bought a new one.

moral of the story:  when the ps4 comes out, wait a year to buy it.  that way they have a cance to 'fix' its problems, and you're not stuck buying it twice because they didnt build it right the first time.

Message 2 of 3 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Re: PS3 Issue

Dec 21, 2012
Hi there and welcome to the PSF (PlayStation Forums),

By the sounds of what i've read here, I hate to be the 'bringer of bad news.' I think that both those indications and the fact that you have had the YLOD twice, means that your console might have to be replaced, entirely...it is one of the oldest models around.
Message 3 of 3 (61 Views)
0 Likes