Oct 24 2012
By: sean_don_juan First Son 2 posts

PS3 Hacked Again??

2 replies 773 views Edited Oct 24, 2012
Well now that the LVO description codes are out for ps3 and now allows modded ps3 systems on play station networks I have a few questions and concerns Sony. Being that I am a customer I just would like to voice my frustrations and dissatisfactions this far.

Q.
Now that modded ps3 systems can get online do I need to worry about my account info? Credit card information? Or identity?

Q
With these codes leaked by Three Muskateers hacker groups what are your plans going forward to fix security issues surrounding Sony and it's customers on PS3? And PSN?

Q
Are there going to be cheats and hacks ruining online gameplay for your customers?

Q
How come I have to read these things on google and not by reading an apology statement emailed to me by Sony or PSN?

Q
After already having the system hacked and downed for 2 months how come better security procedures have not been put forward to prevent what is already happening?

Finally with my closing statement I would just like to state that if I need to pay 60 dollars a year like Microsoft Xbox 360 to play with a peace of mind maybe myself and 100,000 other users should all do the same and take our business to Microsoft. Or maybe Sony should make me pay and create jobs for those educated in these feilds in order to anticipate attempts by these urogamers to ruin my gaming experiences

Thank you for your time
Message 1 of 3 (773 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Re: PS3 Hacked Again??

Dec 2, 2012

"Now that modded ps3 systems can get online do I need to worry about my account info? Credit card information? Or identity?"

>_> That isn't related to modded ps3s. That's would be something relative to the server's security.

Have you came across their consumer alert yet?

http://us.playstation.com/news/consumeralerts/

I've never heard of a company apologizing because someone modded/jailbroke their devices lmfao. They apologized (if i recall correctly) during the previous secuirt breach when information was compromised before.

I'm going to assume you didn't come across the consumer alert though :smileyindifferent:

Message 2 of 3 (524 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Re: PS3 Hacked Again??

Dec 2, 2012

Agreed sean_don_juan you have a gross misunderstanding of the dangers to your system. Game consoles have alwasy been modded, hacked, etc. There is (let me be hyperbolistic) no way. Literally no way a modded console is a danger do your account information.

In theory they could ruin the game experience but giving an unfair advantage or griefing power but your security is never* at risk. Sony apologized when your security WAS at risk and that wasn't because of modded consoles it was because of direct targeted "attacks".

Are there going to be cheats and hacks ruining online gameplay for your customers

So looking at your trophy list you play FPS pretty much exclusively so yeah you're probably in the games that modded players are trying to grief/cheat in. But you'd be facing the same kinda of players on Xbox.

* hyperbole

--
Just another second banana
Message 3 of 3 (514 Views)