Highlighted
Apr 17 2013
By: txn_crew First Son 15 posts

PS3 Games on Media Go?

3 replies 63 views Edited Apr 17, 2013

It says here that "The content you download from PlayStation Store using Media Go is designed only for use on the PSP system and PlayStation 3."

Is it possible to download PS3 games using the Plus account through Media Go? 

I'm looking for an alternative to downloading directly to my PS3 because of the ongoing problems I'm having with the 80029564 corrupt data error that I've posted about elsewhere.  

It would be nice if I could download to a PC and then transfer the file via USB as a work-around. It looks like that's how Media Go is supposed to work, but I don't see the PS3 Plus free games in the Media Go store section.

Message 1 of 4 (63 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13577 posts

Re: PS3 Games on Media Go?

Apr 17, 2013

No. You can only download content for the PSP on the PC

PS3 games are not available for download using Media Go

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 4 (59 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Okay, thanks for the reply.

But it's somewhat misleading for the webpage to say "The content you download from PlayStation Store using Media Go is designed only for use on the PSP system and PlayStation 3.

Anyway, it would be great if Sony would provide a way to download the PS3 content via PC for people like me having problems downloading large files through the PS3 store. Until I get a solution to the 80029564 error, I can't really buy anything through the store for fear that it won't actually download and install properly, and my Plus account is a complete waste.

Message 3 of 4 (52 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13577 posts

Apr 17, 2013

txn_crew wrote:

Okay, thanks for the reply.

But it's somewhat misleading for the webpage to say "The content you download from PlayStation Store using Media Go is designed only for use on the PSP system and PlayStation 3.

Anyway, it would be great if Sony would provide a way to download the PS3 content via PC for people like me having problems downloading large files through the PS3 store. Until I get a solution to the 80029564 error, I can't really buy anything through the store for fear that it won't actually download and install properly, and my Plus account is a complete waste.

Well, TECHNICALLY, you could download PS1 classics using Media Go, transfer to a PSP, and then transfer to a PS3.

But other than that, nothing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 4 (45 Views)
0 Likes