Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 05/15/2009
Offline
1368 posts
 

Re: PS3 Firmware Update 4.31 now.

Oct 31, 2012
Moble, your argument is like apples and oranges, I like it.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 11 of 22 (630 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: PS3 Firmware Update 4.31 now.

Oct 31, 2012

EzraMajor wrote:
Moble, your argument is like apples and oranges, I like it.

LOLSmiley Very Happy.  Remember; a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

 

Thanks

 

Moble

Message 12 of 22 (621 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 11/05/2012
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: PS3 Firmware Update 4.31 now.

Nov 5, 2012

I downloaded v4.31 today after playing BF3, it downloaded perfectly until it rebooted and shut-off on its own. Then when I tried to reboot the system I get the YLOD (Yellow light of death) and now Sony tells me I have to pay $99.00 to get my ps3 fixed only because it was there fault with v4.31

Message 13 of 22 (566 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 11/07/2012
Offline
6 posts
 

Re: PS3 Firmware Update 4.31 now.

Nov 7, 2012
I went to sign into psn and it said mandatory update and it won't load past 0% Help
Message 14 of 22 (521 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: PS3 Firmware Update 4.31 now.

Nov 7, 2012

MAD-DOG_TWITCHY wrote:

I downloaded v4.31 today after playing BF3, it downloaded perfectly until it rebooted and shut-off on its own. Then when I tried to reboot the system I get the YLOD (Yellow light of death) and now Sony tells me I have to pay $99.00 to get my ps3 fixed only because it was there fault with v4.31


Now thats what i call a MAJOR coincidence..... funny..... my PS3's updated to 4.31 perfectly...... 

 

strange how so many people are so quick to believe that its an issue with updates, as opposed to chalking it up to coincidence. Because there are so many people who updated and dont have issues.......

 

you can get your PS3 fixed if you have the initiative to do so

Furiously Chaosing
Message 15 of 22 (511 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
Registered: 01/11/2013
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: PS3 Firmware Update 4.31 now.

Jan 11, 2013
gR3y,
As with every patch a mass amount (yes not the majority, but definitely too many for coincidence) of ps3 users suffer. Out of all the patches since I got my playstation years back only 2 patches have caused my system any problems (this being one of them) it seems that every console or maybe every patch has some sort of individual coding that has an allergic reaction with some other individual coding of the other part. Many have suffered problems when I haven't and vice-versa.
Message 16 of 22 (295 Views)
First Son
Registered: 08/12/2014
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: PS3 Firmware Update 4.31 now.

Aug 30, 2014
How do I update my ps3 from version 4.31?
Message 17 of 22 (78 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 01/21/2014
Offline
725 posts
 

Re: PS3 Firmware Update 4.31 now.

Aug 30, 2014

Cheers for that PS4's 2.00 comes out next month YouTube coming to PS4 & rumours of more PS4 themes

Message 18 of 22 (66 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 04/05/2003
Offline
13294 posts
 

Re: PS3 Firmware Update 4.31 now.

Aug 30, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

MAD-DOG_TWITCHY wrote:

I downloaded v4.31 today after playing BF3, it downloaded perfectly until it rebooted and shut-off on its own. Then when I tried to reboot the system I get the YLOD (Yellow light of death) and now Sony tells me I have to pay $99.00 to get my ps3 fixed only because it was there fault with v4.31


Now thats what i call a MAJOR coincidence..... funny..... my PS3's updated to 4.31 perfectly...... 

 

strange how so many people are so quick to believe that its an issue with updates, as opposed to chalking it up to coincidence. Because there are so many people who updated and dont have issues.......

 

you can get your PS3 fixed if you have the initiative to do so


I hear you man if that firmware YLOD his PS3. EVER MODLE that is exactly like his. Slim Super slim or fatty. what ever model he got all of those would be doing the same thing if there was an error in the update in which there is not. Also 2 posts. I really dont believe it even happen in the first place. YLOD is failure of solder or thermal paste not a firmware update.

Message 19 of 22 (53 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 04/05/2003
Offline
13294 posts
 

Re: PS3 Firmware Update 4.31 now.

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2014

Nashums wrote:
gR3y,
As with every patch a mass amount (yes not the majority, but definitely too many for coincidence) of ps3 users suffer. Out of all the patches since I got my playstation years back only 2 patches have caused my system any problems (this being one of them) it seems that every console or maybe every patch has some sort of individual coding that has an allergic reaction with some other individual coding of the other part. Many have suffered problems when I haven't and vice-versa.

Firmware issued does not cause YLOD. Solder melting and failing does also thermal paste failing does. If  it did on first boot when the new code is ran it would of failed not hours later after he had a gaming sesson. His PS3 overheated  in a form and either a pin of solder failed or the thermal paste failed. Pure heat isssues not firmware.

Message 20 of 22 (52 Views)
Reply
0 Likes