Oct 21 2012
By: SNIPEZ101 First Son 19 posts

PS3 FREEZING while deleting friends during a game.

3 replies 98 views Edited Oct 21, 2012

My PS3 freezes when I try to delete a friend from my PSN list while playing a game. I have to quit the game in order to get rid of the "Deleting friend" screen. Is there a fix for this?????

Message 1 of 4 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
6292 posts

Re: PS3 FREEZING while deleting friends during a game.

Oct 21, 2012

Why are you even deleting friends while playing a game? Don't you think it's more sensible to erase friends when you're done playing a game? I think that would take you out of the game. I don't believe there is a fix as I think the system is just taking a long time to process because you're running a game while on the XMB menu. That's like placing a disc into your PC and then clicking the internet while the disc is loading. Just give it time and don't be deleting anyone until you're done with your game.

Message 2 of 4 (94 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Oct 21, 2012

1. My list was full

2. The other day I was playing with a group of people I know on COD and I needed to add someone among that group that I already did not have on my list.

3. I scrolled through my list and TRIED to delete someone that had not been online in like a year.

4. I had to QUIT the game which meant I had to LEAVE the party and miss out on a game all because I needed to add somebody.

Message 3 of 4 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
6292 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

That's just how it has to be. The PS3 is basically a lower tech PC, it needs to process things. My system freezes on me if I'm using the browser and quit the internet browser when it's loading. I'm sure the PS4 will have this issues solved. There's really nothing you can do.

EDIT : Just so that no one gets PO-ed for me saying the PS3 is a lower tech PC, I'm just saying that it's not as advanced. In no way am I saying that the PC is better as I love my PS3 dearly. Grew up playing Nintendo and Playstation products.

Message 4 of 4 (78 Views)
0 Likes