Mar 05 2011
By: BlackOps_expert First Son 1 posts

PS3 FAIL..... can not change country in account

14 replies 741 views Edited Mar 5, 2011

So you happen to move overseas, you take your PS3. You purchase games in your new country that work perfectly on you PS3. The you buy add-ons from your account that was set-up in the previous country and.......... they DO NOT WORK! How do we resolve this? Well, since you can not change your country you have to create a new account, for the new country and buy the downloads for that region, and START ALL OF THE NEW GAMES OVER AGAIN. So at this point you have one account for one country and another account for the new country and new games.

Don't you think they could offer these add-ons for different regions through ONE ACCOUNT! or atleast give the option to change regions? People move all the time.

BIG TIME PS3 FAIL!

Message 1 of 15 (741 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: PS3 FAIL..... can not change country in account

Mar 30, 2011

yes sir.... i moved from Spain about a year ago... now my PS store is in spanish, but i have so many things on this account that makes me sick thinking i have to start all over..,

Message 2 of 15 (741 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 7, 2011

I hear that brother,

Sony do the right thing and make this change!

I've stopped buying things on my multiple ps3 accounts now because I expect one day they will allow us to change regions.

On top of that they should allow customers to merge multiple accounts into one "Master account" which in the end will help Sony manage few accounts in the long term.

Message 3 of 15 (741 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Easy.

Make a new PSN ID.

Don't over think this. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 15 (686 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 13, 2013
Sony has to do something about this... This country-changing issue has been giving so many psn users inconveniences!!
Message 5 of 15 (638 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 14, 2013

1-Make a new PSN ID with the new country

2-Download all your desired games and Add-Ons that are compatible with the games

3- Go back to your original account

4- BAM!! you can use the DLC downloaded from the other account on your original account

thank me later.

Message 6 of 15 (618 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Jan 14, 2013

zidane40o0 wrote:

1-Make a new PSN ID with the new country

2-Download all your desired games and Add-Ons that are compatible with the games

3- Go back to your original account

4- BAM!! you can use the DLC downloaded from the other account on your original account

thank me later.

DLC is region specific. You can't use DLC from another region on your main account. BAM! You get no thanks for not knowing what you're talking about.

Message 7 of 15 (613 Views)
MVP Support
7087 posts

Jan 14, 2013

Some DLC will work with another region's account (as long as the purchasing account is active on the same system).  I'm not sure if it works for everything, but it's safer to assume it won't.

Message 8 of 15 (611 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 14, 2013

well, i am saying this out of personal experience, i had a Saudi Arabia account and my friend bought me Call of Duty 4 from USA, it had some DLC codes with them , they didn't work with the Saudi Arabia account so i had to make an american account ,  I used the code on that account and downloaded the DLC, then i got back to my Saudi account and all DLC was working like a charm this was more than four years ago so i don't know if things have changed or not now, i rarely buy DLC.

Message 9 of 15 (602 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2013

Few games allow that.

As for the comment on EA games, that must be toward new EA games because older games like Burnout Paradise are still subject to region lock.

Message 10 of 15 (595 Views)
0 Likes