Survivor
2712 posts

Re: PS3 FAIL..... can not change country in account

Jan 14, 2013

Besides the obvious necro'ing of this thread I'll just say my friends who live in SE Asia all use American accounts.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 15 (140 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Hosnor wrote:

Besides the obvious necro'ing of this thread I'll just say my friends who live in SE Asia all use American accounts.

Yep, I don't see the problem, if you move, keep the old account, who cares what country it says? Unless you have PS+, I don't think it lets you register a credit card from another country.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 15 (130 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 10, 2013

I just moved from the UK to the US and just found all this out the hard way. Bought FIfa13 US version and thanks to Sony not allowing to switch country the online feature of the game does not work at all.  I spent 3 hrs on the phone between EA support and Sony and all they could say is create a new ID. Lame!! I had a playstation since 2008 and i have 5 yrs of content linked to that account. Sony really should realise that in this day and age people move countries alot and love to have their content with them whenever wherever.  I do hope people from Sony read these threads and make changes to the Playstation ID before the launch of the PS4.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 15 (104 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
23667 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 10, 2013

roma_dan wrote:

I just moved from the UK to the US and just found all this out the hard way. Bought FIfa13 US version and thanks to Sony not allowing to switch country the online feature of the game does not work at all.  I spent 3 hrs on the phone between EA support and Sony and all they could say is create a new ID. Lame!! I had a playstation since 2008 and i have 5 yrs of content linked to that account. Sony really should realise that in this day and age people move countries alot and love to have their content with them whenever wherever.  I do hope people from Sony read these threads and make changes to the Playstation ID before the launch of the PS4.

This really has nothing to do with Sony. The individual developers regionalize the content becasue of things like licensing, content, financial reasons, and copyright law. They also do it for the exact reason you're doing it, because if you buy an out of market download, the company doesn't collect the money they are properly owed from that region. Futhermore, some banks often don't allow credit card transactions online overseas, and when you factor in exchange rates, taxes, and the 3%-4% "conversion fee" that many banks tack on to international purchases, you're going to end up paying MORE for downloads out of region than you would if you bought them from the country's native PSN Store.

But hey, what do I know? Seems to me you should have found this out BEFORE hand, instead of taking it for granted, and now being the "outraged gamer".

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 15 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

Mar 10, 2013

Yeah, I got mad when I had to create a new account to buy stuff from PSN when I moved, now Ive lost all my trophies...

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 15 (95 Views)
0 Likes