Mar 29 2012
By: OptimusC Wastelander 694 posts

PS3 Does Not Turn On Using Remote Play 'Connect via Internet' on Vita Outside of Home Network

16 replies 898 views Edited Mar 29, 2012

I have been trying to access my PS3 through the remote play feature on a connection outside of my house using the connect via internet feature; but for some reason I keep receiving a message saying to make sure that i'm signed in to the psn on my ps3 using the account that is linked to my vita and that I have selected remote play on my ps3 system. I have turned on the setting to allow the ps3 to automatically turn on in the remote play settings and I have configured all the settings correctly as far as I know but it still doesn't work.  I decided to have my girlfriend to turn on the ps3 and go to remote play while I was on a different wifi connection and it worked! but only when she manually went to the remote play app on the ps3, but I can't seem to be able to access my ps3 via remote play when it is turned off while i am on a different wifi network.  I even did a trial run with it using private connect and connect via internet in my household and the ps3 turned on while it was off when accessing both ways.  I don't know why I can't turn on the ps3 when it's turned off while I am on a different wifi network after I have configured all the settings to allow this to happen.... anyone else having this problem??? any help???

Message 1 of 17 (898 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
529 posts

Re: PS3 Does Not Turn On Using Remote Play 'Connect via Internet' on Vita Outside of Home Network

Mar 29, 2012

I have had this issue too many times on psp. Make sure the ps3 account is set to auto sign in when ps3 is turned on, the account associated with the psn account that is registered with the vita. Also, try going into ps3 and turning off remote play then turning it back on and accept confirmation.see if that helps.

Final Fantasy XI: Darklordsidius
(Caitsith) *Ragnarok*

Gaming since 1982
Message 2 of 17 (898 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Re: PS3 Does Not Turn On Using Remote Play 'Connect via Internet' on Vita Outside of Home Network

Mar 29, 2012

Yeah, same here

Can you remote shut down the PS3 from the Vita too?

Message 3 of 17 (898 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
529 posts

Mar 29, 2012

if your ps3 is pinged when off by some other device, you might have the issue where your ps3 turns on by itself. if so, it goes into remote play mode but after so many minutes of nothing playing its remote play, it will shut itself off and deactivate its remote play via internet connection, but if you go into the options, it will still say its on but it really is not. If this is your case, you have to deactivate remote play on the ps3, then go back into remote play and turn it back on and turn on via internet and accept the pop up and it should work.

(Caitsith) *Ragnarok*

Gaming since 1982
Message 4 of 17 (898 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Mar 29, 2012

checked that... the setting still says it's on.  still doesn't work.... is that a glitch?

Message 5 of 17 (898 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
529 posts

Mar 29, 2012

YogurtStorm wrote:

Can you remote shut down the PS3 from the Vita too?

yea you can shut off your ps3 via remote play. just tap the right side of your screen, then tap the power icon, top icon, it will ask to shut off the system, hit the x button for yes and it will shut off ps3 and your vita will say the connection was interrupted or something of the sort.

(Caitsith) *Ragnarok*

Gaming since 1982
Message 6 of 17 (898 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Mar 29, 2012

yeah when you are in remote play you tap the screen and it acts like the home button and there is a power symbol which you press and then it'll ask if you want to shut down and just press x. turns off everything.

Message 7 of 17 (898 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
529 posts

Mar 29, 2012

OptimusC wrote:

checked that... the setting still says it's on.  still doesn't work.... is that a glitch?

I dunno if its a glitch but it will say it's on but the via internet really is off and only way to get it back on is to uncheck remote play all together, exit out of menu, go back into menu and turn it all back on and it will be back to normal.

(Caitsith) *Ragnarok*

Gaming since 1982
Message 8 of 17 (898 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Mar 29, 2012

is there any way to have the ps3 not power up on it's own by mistake? like i was reading that it was due to some routers which causes it? do you know how to prevent it?

Message 9 of 17 (898 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
529 posts

Mar 29, 2012

if your router has an option for WAN ping block, turn it on. for me, my damned xbox turns my ps3 on from time to time. I turn xbox on, it pings my ps3 and turns it on. annoying. OHHH and network sever option on ps3 turned on will cause your ps3 to turn on too.

(Caitsith) *Ragnarok*

Gaming since 1982
Message 10 of 17 (898 Views)
0 Likes