Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 27 2013
By: schizmit_ First Son 1 posts

PS3 Disabling the Trend Micro Web Browser Security

0 replies 75 views Edited Feb 27, 2013

First off I am sorry if this has been answered in this forum already, i have done multiple searches and while there have been answers to it, none of the answers actually solved the problem. 

I would like to disable the Trend Micro Web Browser Security. I have tried to do so via the browser on the PS3 in the tools section, where it says "Discontinue Browser Service" This tells me to go to the broswer security area, it gives me no actual option to disable the service. 

If i make my way to the broswer security list, it opens to the website for the Trend Micro site, they claim i can disable the service through the account, I do not have an account and I find it really ridiculous that I would now need to create an account to disable a service I dont even want to use. How did this even get activated without me making an account in the first place...and why is there an option to disable it, if that only leads me to a site where I need to pay to use this. The disable button should do what it says...and disable!!!!

Needless to say this security feature is preventing me from accessing websites that I know are safe. If there is no way to actually remove this from the browser, then are their options somewhere on the PS3 that I could set to allow/disallow websites. There are multiple sites I go to that only display "The page cannot be displayed" Now I understand that this might be viewed as a network issue, but it is not as other pages have no problem being displayed.

Now given that their seems to be the ability to disable this service...I am now wondering if perhaps there is another security option that I could enable, that would allow more control than this one is offering? any suggestions there? 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 1 (75 Views)
0 Likes