Jun 06 2013
By: THEPUNISHED46 First Son 5 posts

PS3 Controller Problem

2 replies 46 views Edited Jun 6, 2013

This problem started recently... not sure what caused it, but I have one regular Sixaxis controller, and I've actually had it for quite a while. I've had a DualShock Sixaxis, but I ended up breaking it and just taking the battery and buttons and all. But my problem is that the controller does not work unless it is plugged in via USB. If I unplug it, the controller will blink all 4 LED's 2 times and turn on, but turn it self off after about 30 seconds. I've tried reseting it, tried reinstalling the firmware(4.41) via USB, and I even tried replacing the battery inside of the controller itself... (warranty was out a long time ago so it doesnt bother me anyways.) I have tried the controller on both my Original "Fat" PS3 (60GB, system ver 4.41) and my Slim PS3 (150GB, system ver 4.41).

And another thing: When I hit the PS button on the controller, it brings up the usual charging symbol in the corner of my screen, but, instead of charging, it has a blank battery bar with an arrow and an "X" above the arrow. Not really sure what this means but if I could get any help on this, I would really appreciate it.

Message 1 of 3 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Re: PS3 Controller Problem

Jun 6, 2013
Bad battery
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 2 of 3 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
3153 posts

Re: PS3 Controller Problem

Jun 6, 2013
Yup sounds like a bad battery. Batteries regardless of what type that are rechargeable have a limit of full charges it can handle. Once it gets closer to the limit of charges you can tell the battery doesn't hold a charge for as long as it used to.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 3 of 3 (40 Views)
0 Likes