Nov 28 2012
By: mcaldwell_23 First Son 4 posts

PS3 Controller NEW ISSUE NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE PLEASE HELP

4 replies 98 views Edited Nov 28, 2012

I have read at least 20 threads/websites trying to find a solution to my problem, but none of the problems found are like mine. I have a controller that when you hit the ps button wirelessly it will not do anything. No blinking four lights, or any lights for that matter. I plug it into the ps3 via usb and hit the ps button it will turn the PS3 on, flash 4 lights one time, and connect to controller 1. If i hit the PS button again for the menu I cannot even turn the controller off, and on the charge level I'm only getting a dash.

I know what your thinking, battery right? Nope. Just put a new battery in the controller. I even put it in another controller to make sure the battery was good and then put it in this one. I've also tried resetting and resyncing the controller. Nothing. are there any sensors or anything like that in the controller I could check or is this thing just fried?

Message 1 of 5 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Re: PS3 Controller NEW ISSUE NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE PLEASE HELP

Nov 28, 2012
Are you 100% that it is a wireless controller, a friend of mine bought a red PS3 Dualshock 3 controller, looked just like the one that came with the system (aside from color) came with a usb cable and everything, but it wasn't wireless, we took the two controllers apart and the red one did not have a bluetooth board.
Message 2 of 5 (88 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Yeah I used it for around a year and then it just quit working unless it was plugged in. I figured it was the battery and that's why I changed it, reset it, and resync'd it like above, but it's still doing the same thing.

Message 3 of 5 (82 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16320 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Just stop.

You'll end up spending the cost of a new controller trying to fix your current one. Seriously.

I know that you probably cant afford to buy a new one on a whim, or simply dont want to. But controllers are mostly considered a disposable item.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 4 of 5 (75 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Haha yeah the batteries are a whopping $2.50. I'm just seeing if there is something else that I could check. If it's fried, it's fried. No big deal. I just don't like wasting something if it's a quick fix that I'm overlooking.

Message 5 of 5 (69 Views)
0 Likes