Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 03 2010
By: blackleapard69 First Son 6 posts

PS3 Bluetooth Headset!!!!

15 replies 1751 views Edited Jun 3, 2010

Me being stupid I left my headset out and my dog got a hold of it and chewed on the ear clip. I was extremely upset at first, because if anyone has purchased it nows its kinda expensive. I then collected myself and thought no big deal I will just go buy a replacement clip. I went to several retailers and all of them told me I had to buy a new headset or check online or call Sony. So I looked online and no luck, I then called Sony and was told pretty much not there problem they don't sell it and could not provide me with any information on where to buy it. Prior to getting off the phone he told me to just buy a new one, I don't think so. Yes this product is ok, but it is not the best. The ear clip that come with it basically just holds it on your ear, kinda feels like it never stays in and since you CAN'T buy any replacement parts for it, I would suggest not buying this product.

I was very displeased with this since I alway purchase Sony products for the quality and service thinking it would be better than dealing with anyone else because of the name, but apparently I am wrong and so far thank god nothing else I have purchased from them has broken. 

Message 1 of 16 (1,751 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: PS3 Bluetooth Headset!!!!

Jul 24, 2010

I experienced the very same issue (minus the dog), and agree that it is a very bad reflection on Sony that they do not sell the replacement part for the ear piece clip.  Without it, the bluetooth headset is useful.  Would be such an easy fix if the clip was available.  No way I am buying a new one and on that note, I will never buy another sony headset again.

Message 2 of 16 (1,751 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jul 24, 2010

I was temped to buy it at first, but I just figured I could get off cheaper with some other headsets, because it's kinda expensive yea, and it doesn't look like it could stay on my head while I'm loosing a FIFA match

Message 3 of 16 (1,751 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 24, 2010

If anyone knows where to buy a replacement of the clip "part" that goes behind your ear, holding the earpiece in your ear, please let me know!  I am ready to throw this thing out.

Message 4 of 16 (1,751 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 30, 2010

Possible clip replacment http://www.bestbluetoothheadsets.info/replacement-ear-hook/ i dont know exactly if these will work but seem like a good alternative? I just bought a new one one off amazon with socom bundle for 30.00 so now I have an extra bt headset with the clip i was playing on making a clay mold then pouring making a cast and making replica clips for myself if i ever lose it again.

Message 5 of 16 (1,751 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3073 posts

Jul 30, 2010

Hmoobwarrior wrote:

Possible clip replacmenthttp://www.bestbluetoothheadsets.info/replacement-ear-hook/ i dont know exactly if these will work but seem like a good alternative? I just bought a new one one off amazon with socom bundle for 30.00 so now I have an extra bt headset with the clip i was playing on making a clay mold then pouring making a cast and making replica clips for myself if i ever lose it again.

Definitely great find. Is worth the try.

Message 6 of 16 (1,751 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1199 posts

Jul 30, 2010

You caused this completely on your own and it's some one elses fault?? Responsibilty seems to be a dying act. You have NO ONE to blame but yourself. I am astounded that people always play the blame game when it is clearly your own doing. I take care of my stuff. If I did not take care of my stuff, I certainly would not blame anyone but myself. Amazing that this even needs to be said. A well trained dog will NEVER chew on things it's not supposed to. Train your dog better and quit playing the blame game.

Message 7 of 16 (1,751 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Jul 30, 2010
stick in ear use some tape !! job done
Message 8 of 16 (1,751 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 31, 2010

So if I use this guys logic I can say that it's sonys fault that my vaio computer doesn't work anymore because all the dust and dirt that got inside the tower caused it to stop working. yea sony it's all your fault!

you left your headset around for your dog to get ahold of and chew on, this one's on you buddy, not sony.

Don't get in my way
Message 9 of 16 (1,751 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Jul 31, 2010

Looks to me like he is upset that he can't purchase the flimsy ear-clip that probably costs 5 cents to make and is easy to snap on.  A better analogy would be getting a guitar and after a string breaks you learn that you can't get new strings, you have to buy another guitar.....or you buy a TV and a friend spills soda on the remote but you can't replace the remote, you have to purchase a new TV.

Your best bet is to buy a good cheap replacement.  I have had several blue tooth earpieces and my favorite is the Jabra that comes with the Warhawk Bundle.  I wish I had known how cheap the Warhawk Bundle was because it would have cost me less than the earpiece alone.  Anyway it's very comfortable, the charge lasts a long time and the earclip is malleable so you can shape it to your ear.

Also, get some rawhide treats.  Dogs absolutely have to chew on stuff.  They do outgrow chewing on everything though.

Message 10 of 16 (1,751 Views)
0 Likes