Jun 08 2013
By: adarmoss First Son 2 posts

PS3 Black screen issue (No HDMI after reset)

3 replies 114 views Edited Jun 8, 2013

Hi,

I know there's probably hundreds of topics created about the black screen issue with PS3s upon switching them on. I've read half of them in trying to fix mine, but the issue is deeper than the system not turning on or freezing.

When I first experienced the problem, I thought it was just the usual black screen that could be fixed by a reset, so I did that and on the restore menu chose 'Restore Defualt settings'. Once this process was completed I tried again but it still blackscreened upon powering up. So I this time I tried the 'Restore file system' option in case my hard drive was corrupted, this wasn't the case and my PS3 still black screened, so lastly I tried the 'Restore PS3 System option' (as a last ditch attempt). Still I got the blacscreen, so I started thinking it was more likely a problem with the display settings.

I hooked it up to my TV via Composite (Scart) and low and behold it worked. I then tried to change the display back to HDMI via the settings menu. However when I selected the HDMI option and changed my TV back to HDMI, the screen would black out and not pick up the HDMI interface. I've watched many Youtube videos and tried all the power button hold down configurations you can think of, but it just won't change over to HDMI. Is there anything you guys can suggest before I return it to SONY for repair/ refurb?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 4 (114 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Re: PS3 Black screen issue (No HDMI after reset)

Jun 8, 2013
Message 2 of 4 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
654 posts

Jun 8, 2013

or a different HDMI port.

Message 3 of 4 (89 Views)
MVP Support
24784 posts

Jun 8, 2013

DanSD wrote:

or a different HDMI port.

That's actually a good idea if the TV has one (most do) but unfortunately the PS3 only has one.

Message 4 of 4 (78 Views)
0 Likes