Aug 01 2012
By: toostrike First Son 4 posts

PS3 Advice

[ Edited ]
3 replies 134 views Edited Aug 1, 2012

Hello Everyone.

I just bought a PS3 a few days ago.I'm a console person at heart,but pc gaming had me hooked for the last 5 years.My last consoles were Gamecube & PS2..I miss playing Madden,and games that will never make it on the PC.I Still love fps on the pc,the best way to go for those type of games.A lighted keyboard and a gaming mouse required.Well,the PS3 has some great games.I bought  Red Dead Redemption,Uncharted 2,Madden,& The Show.That should keep me busy for awhile.I buy games from Amazon,so you can always find a good deal new or used.

Anyway,I just finished updating the firmware,setting up a internet connection,and creating a PSN account .Everything went smooth.I'm not used to playing games on a 55" tv.I play most games on a 24" monitor.Now I dont know how to act...Its time to build a HTPC.

I need tips on how to get started,or any tips that helped you when you first got your ps3.I'm not even sure how to play online,but I'll figure it out.I want my PS3 to last as long as possible,so I made a few small changes.

1.I keep it out of the entertainment center,on a glass table,to get better air circulation.

2.I am using a cookie cooling rack to place my ps3 on.This sounds strange,but it helps keep air flow circulating underneath the console.

Thats it! I'm out of ideas,but would love to hear any tips.Things sure have changed from the PS2 days. Smiley Happy

Thanks..

Message 1 of 4 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9093 posts

Re: PS3 Advice

Aug 1, 2012

Welcome to PS3. Here's a few things. You should get a USB storage device so you can back-up your PS3 data (videos, music, photos, gamesaves...etc) just in case. If you have the money, you might want to get Playstation Plus. If you get Playstation Plus for one year (costs $50 dollars) right now, you will get 12 full PS3 games 50 avatars and 20 Dynamic Themes. And you will have an entire year to finish the 12 games before you have to pay another dime for them. And of course you will get many more games before the year is over. And Playstation Plus has a "Cloud" storage system for your data.

If you are a "Social" type of person, you should check out Playstation Home. It is free to get into Playstation Home. It is like a virtual chat room with games. You can talk to other PS3 owners and add them to your friends list if you want to.

apollo-11-moon-landing-4.jpg

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 2 of 4 (117 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2012

Thats sounds awesome.Great tips.I had to upgrade the firmware on my tv using a flash drive,so the ps3 should not have a problem reading this stick.I used my pc to charge the controller. I'm not sure if I need to leave the console on for a charge,so thats an option.I will definitley need to buy another controller,but maybe I should get Playstation Plus first,and put the controller on hold.That is a fantastic deal.

1.How do view the hardrive to save stuff?

2.I use a separate power strip for the PS3.That way i can completely shut off the power to the console when not in use.Maybe I'm just paranoid,but I heard its always best,to completley shut off the power(to any console) when not in use.

3.Is there a way to see if your controller is fully charged.How do you know?

Message 3 of 4 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Last Guardian
9093 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2012

While the controller is charging, 4 red lights in the back will blink. When the 4 red lights stop blinking the controller is fully charged. And if you hold the PS button down for 2 seconds while your PS3 is on. The screen will show how much charge the controller has left in it. (Between 4 and zero bars left)

rishiri-web-droplet-95.3.jpg

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 4 of 4 (100 Views)
0 Likes