Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: PS3 AV Cables not working.

Apr 17, 2012

I know of this technique doing the two beeps thing but I am always using HDMI on my 50" plasma, now I have 2 big screen tv's for my downstairs "mancave" and this technique is not working. I always use the HDMI port and have the A/V connected to my surround receiver. I tried this technique i dont know how many times. Its worked before but its not working now for some reason. I will say this, like 8 months ago i went to hook it up to my 36" Sharp tube tv in the bedroom. The tv has 2 input sources. Tv was on and ps3 was on when i was connecting the a/v cables to the tv. Somehow i made the first input video port "POP"! and then the input channel didnt work anymore. Kinda freaked me out and was like that really blows. Tried to connect it to the 2nd input ource in the back.......and again.. "POP"! Blew out bloth input channels. TV still works fine but the input channels dont work at all. Would that have done something to the ps3? A/V cables still work for audio but not the video. And HDMI hasnt failed me yet. I am looking into getting a HDMI to RCA  converter box. Bought the HDMI to RCA/VGA chord but that doesnt do anything for the ps3. Can I PLEASE get some input on this.

THANKS!

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 42 (735 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 2, 2012
Oh my God AzureFlame_32 you're freaking awesome! Your suggestion worked so easily! How do you know this stuff? From similar experience? Or is it something that's in the ps3 manual that none of us happened to read?
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 42 (709 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 14, 2012

Ok i have reset my ps3 multiple times and still no pic. I dont have an HD tv and have never put my ps3 on one so idk what happened or how to fix it. I have tried two different rca cables still ntothing. I can not afford to buy a new ps3 and want to know what i need to do. I have read the thread and cant find anything to help. I dont even get a black screen i get nothing my cable converter doesnt even turn on like its getting no feed from the ps3 but the ps3 comes on and eveything but no screen change or anything.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 42 (689 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Aug 14, 2012
My A/v cables did not work with my samsung hdtv the sound was irritating it was like a buzzing noise almost. Anyways I upgraded to hdmi and my problems went away.
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 42 (687 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 1, 2012

Thanks so much...you were the only one that explained and said more than "hold down the power button". Its working great now. Thanx again.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 42 (632 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

PS3 AV Cables not working.

Oct 28, 2012

I have tried everything that has been said on here and mine is still not working. My PS3 is around a year old and has been very well taken care of and when I first got it I used it on an older TV I had in my room and then I got a 55" HDTV and started using it on there for about 8 months, then when I came to school I brought the 55" TV with me and now when I go home and try you use my PS3 on the old TV it won't work. I've tried the button reset, change setting and different cords. I just found this thread today and I decided that I was going to practice these technics on my HDTV but with the HDMI cable unplugged. Is this why its not working? I don't want to drag my ps3 home again this weekend if I can't get it to work.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 42 (598 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 13, 2012

I have a 52" LCD tv that i have been using to play HD on. I have been switching back between this tv and another that i have to use the composite. I have been doing this for the last couple months. But today, the composite isnt sending video signal. I hear audio, but not video. And i have tried this on several tvs, but none of them work. I have tried the reset button, but I dont know whats wrong. Its been nice using the composite cause that tv is in my room. Please help.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 42 (570 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 4, 2013
I had the same problem because my friend hooked mine up to HDMI and it wouldnt work on my regular tv so I turned it on and held the power button down till it beeped again and the picture came back up.
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 42 (477 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

I would like to add my input, too.

My problem was very similar to the OP's. We have a very old tv; it was top of the line about 20 years ago, one of the giant projector ones. Everything worked fine on it with the AV cables. I sometimes bring my PS3 to mom and dad's to play or so they can watch a blu-ray disc, and they have a nice, newer tv. I guess I must have hooked it up with an hdmi cable, but I thought I still used the av cables.

At any rate, I brought it back, left it for awhile, and then wanted to use it again on the old tv. Nothing. The the wii came through fine, but there was so sound or picture coming from my PS3. I tried the suggested press and hold - one beep signaled it turning on, there was a pause, and then another beep signalled a reset of the display settings. I crossed my fingers, offered up a prayer, and what do you know, it works again.

Thank you, helpful forum folks. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 42 (430 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

Hey does my tv need to be on or off when I try to reset the display? I tried it with my tv on and now the indicator light on my ps3 is blinking green for about the past 10 minutes and the tv screen is still black.--Nevermind i got it thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 42 (398 Views)
0 Likes