Jan 20 2013
By: BabyFaceZia First Son 2 posts

PS3 7.1 stereo headset update fix?

22 replies 355 views Edited Jan 20, 2013
Hello I didn't know where to post this but here goes. I'm wanting to purchase the Sony 7.1 wireless headset (NOT THE PULSE ELITE) but I read that after the 4.1 update everyone with the headset where hearing a lot of static and background noises on their headphones making it impossible to use. Sony took a note of this issue and promised to fix this in their next update.
Now my question is, has this issue been resolved? Has the new update made the headset back to normal? I would really appreciate if someone could answer me. One last thing, does using this headset really affect your wifi signal strength?
Message 1 of 23 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Re: PS3 7.1 stereo headset update fix?

Jan 20, 2013
I have the 7.1 headset..Never had a problem and i've never even heard of this "glitch". I gotta say the 7.1 headset sounds good but the pulse look so much better.Also 7.1 battery life is not that great, is not BAD but is nothing to write home about
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 23 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

MLcharted wrote:
I have the 7.1 headset..Never had a problem and i've never even heard of this "glitch". I gotta say the 7.1 headset sounds good but the pulse look so much better.Also 7.1 battery life is not that great, is not BAD but is nothing to write home about

My battery life is just peachy. And having a 10' charge cable helps a ton

Furiously Chaosing
Message 3 of 23 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jan 20, 2013
As for the wifi signal thing..my router n modem are right next to my ps3 and i've never,had any noticeable or sound problems
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 23 (346 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28821 posts

Jan 20, 2013

If you have a problem with static, get yourself one of these;

USB extenstion cable and stand

You can get one for about five bucks. Chances are if you've bought anything wireless over the last couple of years, you may already have one.

Message 5 of 23 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
625 posts

Jan 20, 2013

get some titan earbuds or bose. those sony headphones have terible battery life, no equalizer and you can only go so loud. waste of money. if your a true audiophile, these wont cut it.  i returned mine.

Equality for all
Message 6 of 23 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jan 20, 2013

AriesSiren wrote:

get some titan earbuds or bose. those sony headphones have terible battery life, no equalizer and you can only go so loud. waste of money. if your a true audiophile, these wont cut it.  i returned mine.

You want someone to spend over $100?

I have the Sony headset, the original 7.1 Wireless Stereo headset, and I can get a good 6-8 hours on a single charge.

And the volume can get REALLY LOUD if you toggle the mixer slider all the way from 50/50 voice chat and game audio to 100% game/video audio.

Sounds like you simply got a bad batch number or are way too picky. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 7 of 23 (314 Views)
Wastelander
625 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

you should be picky. average isnt good enough. you could get titan earbuds for half that price and whether you use them through your receiver or TV, you can manipulate the treble and base.  you cant do that with the SIMULATED 7.1 headset. its preset, you should be able to adjust them but you cant.  every game outputs differently. one might not be as loud as another. yes its not even true surround its simulated. with the bass on, mic loudness that all drains battery life bigtime. more trouble than its worth.

i highly recommend if you like quality, these are not the way to go. youll end up charging way more than neccessary with all functions on. look at the reviews. they are not that great.

theres plenty of other cheaper better options out there.

Equality for all
Message 8 of 23 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

AriesSiren wrote:

you should be picky. average isnt good enough. you could get titan earbuds for half that price and whether you use them through your receiver or TV, you can manipulate the treble and base.  you cant do that with the SIMULATED 7.1 headset. its preset, you should be able to adjust them but you cant.  every game outputs differently. one might not be as loud as another. yes its not even true surround its simulated. with the bass on, mic loudness that all drains battery life bigtime. more trouble than its worth.

i highly recommend if you like quality, these are not the way to go. youll end up charging way more than neccessary with all functions on. look at the reviews. they are not that great.

theres plenty of other cheaper better options out there.

But they're not average.

You don't have to be picky.... that just ends up being costsly for little to no gain.

Im an audio/video phile, but I don't spend my money at things that are expensive.... expensive =/= quality. If that was true, I would have spent $250+ on some Beats.... or $500 Bose.... 

The PS branded headsets perform very well and they are the best bang for buck among all others.... trust me.... I've spent nearly $2000 in headsets in one year trying to find the best value.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 9 of 23 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

Jan 21, 2013
I have been reading countless reviews on the Sony Pulse over the past couple days and while every one of them have rated it a decent headset, it also seems to be lacking in some key areas such as clarity and sound accuracy. It's kind of a basic experience. The most critical key of a 7.1 system for gaming is the ability to pinpoint exact locations which is where the headset is lacking. I often wonder if it would see the same amount of praise if it didn't have the Sony brand on it.

In my opinion, I think they should have went with achieving better surround sound quality at the price instead of wireless capabilities since that is the most important function of an audio device.
Message 10 of 23 (280 Views)
0 Likes