Reply
Jun 13 2013
By: kooper44 First Son 3 posts
Offline

PS2 games on PS4

12 replies 1674 views Edited Jun 13, 2013

I just had an amazing idea for the ps4. What if, since it doesn't have backwards compatibility for the ps2, they worked with the team from Pcsx2 to get Pcsx2 working on the ps4? Given the new hardware of the PS4, it should at least be able to play games on PCSX2 at default graphics settings, if not at improved settings.

Message 1 of 13 (1,674 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: PS2 games on PS4

Jun 13, 2013

Is that a ROM emulator? That sounds like one...

 

And, where have you been? Gaikai will allow streaming  of ps1,2 and 3 games. We just dont know how or when.

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 2 of 13 (1,638 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16939 posts
 

Re: PS2 games on PS4

Jun 13, 2013

Sony will be using Gaikai to play PS1, PS2 and PS3 games streamed to you.

There will likely be some way to use the discs that you have, as a sort of authentication so that you don't have to re-buy what you already own

Furiously Chaosing
Message 3 of 13 (1,632 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/19/2009
Offline
3 posts
 

Re: PS2 games on PS4

Jun 13, 2013

It can emulate games or isos of them. The benefit to this would be that you wouldn't have to stream the games, you would be able to just put them in your console and play them.

Message 4 of 13 (1,447 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/01/2005
Offline
1311 posts
 

Re: PS2 games on PS4

Jun 13, 2013

You will buy those games again.. 

 

And it 's Video streamed... Gaikai

NO software of downloadable content....on your ps4

 

Basically, you bought emulator that is not in your house...

 

DRM protection for developers...

Microsoft you get a disk with DRM check-in

 

Choose the better of two evils... Sony Digital repurchase or MS hardcopy DRM

 

 

 

 

Message 5 of 13 (981 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: PS2 games on PS4

Jun 13, 2013

Snowstone wrote:

You will buy those games again.. 

 

And it 's Video streamed... Gaikai

NO software of downloadable content....on your ps4

 

Basically, you bought emulator that is not in your house...

 

DRM protection for developers...

Microsoft you get a disk with DRM check-in

 

Choose the better of two evils... Sony Digital repurchase or MS hardcopy DRM

 

 

 

 


we have no idea if we will have to spend more money to stream.

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 6 of 13 (924 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/01/2005
Offline
1311 posts
 

Re: PS2 games on PS4

Jun 13, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Snowstone wrote:

You will buy those games again.. 

 

And it 's Video streamed... Gaikai

NO software of downloadable content....on your ps4

 

Basically, you bought emulator that is not in your house...

 

DRM protection for developers...

Microsoft you get a disk with DRM check-in

 

Choose the better of two evils... Sony Digital repurchase or MS hardcopy DRM

 

 

 

 


we have no idea if we will have to spend more money to stream.

Sony History tends to disagree

 

Message 7 of 13 (836 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: PS2 games on PS4

Jun 13, 2013

I didnt say it was unlikely, but as far as SONY history is concerned...they have never offered a game streaming service...so...

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 8 of 13 (736 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/01/2005
Offline
1311 posts
 

Re: PS2 games on PS4

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

I didnt say it was unlikely, but as far as SONY history is concerned...they have never offered a game streaming service...so...


What do you think they are doing with those tablets and PS VITA at E3... Streaming..

 

Why they purchased Gaikai.. that is where the money is.Tablets,cells and portables

 

PS gamers are picking up the check for Streaming content to other devices for Sony , now and in the future..

 

Pretty straight forward..

Message 9 of 13 (283 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: PS2 games on PS4

Jun 13, 2013

Snowstone wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

I didnt say it was unlikely, but as far as SONY history is concerned...they have never offered a game streaming service...so...


What do you think they are doing with those tablets and PS VITA at E3... Streaming..

 

Why they purchased Gaikai.. that is where the money is.Tablets,cells and portables

 

PS gamers are picking up the check for Streaming content to other devices for Sony , now and in the future..

 

Pretty straight forward..


We're talking about streaming old games from a cloud...thats different.

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 10 of 13 (204 Views)
Reply
0 Likes